- Fully Disengageable Punch Pins: For a clean punch with virtually any document length.
- Side Margin Control: Provides and evenly centered punch for all document sizes.
- Punching & Inserting Switch
- Electric Coil Inserter: Allows the operator the free working of both hands and complete control of roller. Drastically reduces time and costs by making the inserting surprisingly fast and easy.
- Foot Pedal Operated
- Waste Drawer
- Oval Punching holes to help improve spiral coil inserting.
- Reverse (Anti-Jam) Function: For trouble free punching.
- Power Switch
- Heavy-Duty Punch Motor: Single punches up to 20 sheets of paper (20 lbs).
- Punching Margin Control: Provides the correct punch margin depth for each coil size.
- Open Punching Throat & Continuous Punching Guide: For an easy alignment & punching of longer documents.
- U-Shaped Alignment Channel: Aides in conforming the spine of larger diameter documents to the coil's shape, for faster and easier insertion.
- FREE: Coil Crimpers & Coil Selector
- Fully Featured / Reliable / Easy to Use / Powerful
- Punches 4:1 Pitch .248 (44 Hole) Pattern
- Model: CoilMac-EPI41+
- Pitch: 4:1
- Punching Length: 13"
- Inserting: Electric
- Hole Punch: Oval (5mm x 4mm)
- Disengaging Dies: Full
- Single Punching Capacity: Up to 20 sheets (20 lbs paper)
- Binding Capacity: Up to 7/8"
- Crimping Pliers: Included
- Weight / Volume: 75 lbs & 2.82 CbFt
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
Reviewed on 2/28/2016
We have a small print center and needed a decent machine to use for coil binding. This machine is heavy duty enough for our needs and is easy to use. We like that it has the inserter built right in and the oval holes are nice too. It is made out of heavy duty metal and weighs a lot. Not a big deal since we don't move it often. If you need a solid workhorse quality machine. This one does the job.
Reviewed on 9/23/2015
This makes binding material so much easier! Well worth the cost! The convenience is priceless!
Welcome to MyBinding video. Let’s have a look at the CoilMac EPI+, an oval hole electronic coil binding machine by Akiles. This is Akiles’ finest and most heavy duty coil binding machine. Watching it in action, you’ll see just how easy it is to bind a great-looking book.
The switch on the front allows you to toggle back and forth between the punch and the coil inserter using the foot pedal. It’s wise to use scrap paper as you set your margin control knob. Set it in place so that all your punches are consistent throughout all your projects. Next, disengage any punch pins that you might need so there are no half holes. With the Plus model, every pin is disengageable, so you can punch virtually any size document length. Be sure to check the depth of margin control knob. The larger the document, the larger margin that you want. The EPI+ also punches oval holes, which makes insertion much easier. With all your settings set, when you’re satisfied, it’s ready to go. Punch first your covers. The EPI+ can handle up to 20 sheets of 20lb paper per punch. This is pretty good and pretty fast. The electronic pedal makes it very quick and easy. Push it with your foot and both hands are free for working.
With all your papers punched, it’s time for binding. All CoilMac machines come with a coil diameter selector. This is just a simple tool whereby you can judge the size of coil that you’ll need for your project. One side you measure your project and get your reading. Set the other side and select your coil according to that size. Toggle the switch down on the front to engage the coil inserter. Thread your coil onto the spine, depress the pedal, and insert your coil. It’s really as simple as that. Finish off your project with coil crimpers by crimping both ends. And dispose of all your chips from the tray in the front. There it is. That’s the CoilMac EPI+ by Akiles. For more demos, reviews, and how to’s on this product and many more, check out MyBinding.com.
The first, the shape of the punch. On the regular models, that is the M, ER, ECI, and EPI, the holes that are punched are round and they are 4mm in diameter, punching four holes for every one inch. On all four of the corresponding Plus mod... Read More
Akiles CoilMac EPI+ Coil Binding Machine Review
The Akiles CoilMac EPI+ is a good choice if you're in the market for a coil binding machine. Want to know why? Keep reading to learn all about this device and see for yourself what it has to offer.
1. Punching capabilities. One of the best things about the CoilMac EPI+ is its punching capabilities. For one thing, it's capable of punching up to 20 sheets of paper at once which is one of the best punching capacities you'll find in this type of machine. You'll be able to punch documents that are up to 13 inches long and can create different hole patterns by using the machine's disengageable dies. Because of this, you'll be able to create books of different sizes including the ever-popular letter-size (8.5 x 11"). No matter which size of paper you use, the machine will produce a 4:1 pitch pattern (4 holes per inch of paper) that's compatible with all of the coil binding spines available. The holes punched will be oval so coil insertion will be easy. Finally, your documents will be punched accurately because the CoilMac EPI+ has both side margin and margin depth controls.
2. Binding capabilities. This machine comes with a coil inserter that you control with a foot pedal. Using the pedal keeps your hands free so you can get the results you want in a minimal amount of time. As mentioned above, you can use all 4:1 coil spines with this device. They come in a number of thicknesses and colors so you can choose one that's just right for your documents. Your documents can be up to 7/8" thick so this is a good machine to use if you work with longer documents.
3. Special features. If you need some help selecting the appropriate coil for your document, the CoilMac EPI+ has a coil selector to help you make the right choice. This machine also has a roomy waste drawer that's easy to empty. And there's even a pair of crimping pliers included. These tools are necessary for finishing off your books (if you don't use them, your books will fall apart) and they can cost you around $50.00, so their inclusion is much appreciated.
4. Warranty. This device comes with a one-year warranty so you can get the machine repaired or even replaced if the need arises. There are a few other things to keep in mind about the CoilMac EPI. First, you should note that this is only a coil binding machine. You cannot do any other type of binding with it, so that means no plastic combs and no wire spines. Also, this is a pretty large device so you can expect it to take up a fair amount of room in your workspace.Overall, the Akile CoilMac EPI+ is great coil binding machine. It will help you bind all of your important documents quickly while also giving them a professional look. You'll also find that your books will be bound securely. And best off all, it won't take you very long to put your documents together. Take a look at the CoilMac today and so you can see what it can do for you.