- Extended Single Punching Length (13"): With open ends & continuous punch guide to easily punch documents of any length (up to 26").
- High Volume Punch Capacity: Suggested up to 20-sheet* for 20 lbs paper, or 2.6mm (28-sheet equivalent)** for hardboard, in 13" length (53 holes).
- Super Strength Punch Mechanism with exclusive "Precision Guiding SystemTM" Blade Set: Cast-hardened & heat-treated steel dies provide superior strength & hardness. Exclusive "precision guiding system" guarantees a sharp & clean perforation everytime.
- Top Electric Roller Coil Inserter (Foot Pedal Operated): This easy to use and durable roller makes coil inserting surprisingly fast and easy. It is strategically placed on the left side of the machine so your coil will clear the punch handle while you are inserting.
- Side Margin Control: Provides an evenly centered punch for all document sizes.
- Punching Margin Control: Provides the correct punch-margin-depth for each coil size and maximizes the document's tear resistance.
- Open Throat and Continuous Punch Guide: For an easy alignment and punching of longer documents up to 26".
- Rugged ALL Metal Construction: Makes it the most reliable & durable coil binding system in its class.
- Large Waste Drawer and Non-Skid Feet
- CE Certification: All components certified & approved by CE for most stringent safety requirements
- ISO9001 & 14001 Quality: Manufactured under ISO9001 & 14001 guidelines for highest quality control & environmental management standards.
- Includes Coil Diameter Selector
- OVAL holes: Special 4 x 5mm oval holes. The first & only equipment of its class to offer this advanced feature. Makes coil insertion much faster as compared to standard round holes. When used together with our HD Electric Coil Inserter, it will drastically save your coil insertion time by up to 50%.
- FULLY Disengageable Pins: For a completely clean & professional punching of any paper size, all 54 pins can be independently pulled & disengaged.
- LETTER 4:1 pitch (0.248"): This revolutionary 0.248" coil pitch is specifically designed to give you 44 evenly-centered holes in an 11" sheet, which provides the most ideal hole to edge-of-sheet margins and easier coil insertion. Hole pattern is 100% compatible with STANDARD 4:1 pitch coils.
Welcome to MyBinding video. Today we look at the CoilMac ER Plus, a 4:1 pitch, oval hole, coil binding machine by Akiles. Let's watch it in action as we make a book.
With scrap paper, let's set our settings. First, the side margin control. Set this so the punches are consistent throughout your whole project. On the ER Plus, you can remove any of the disengageable die pins. Do this so there are no half holes no matter what size paper you have. Set the depth of margin control knob so that you can decide what size margin you want. Larger is stronger but smaller holds thicker books.
Once everything is set and you like the way it comes out, you're ready to go. Let's begin with the covers. Place them in, spine in first, and make your punch. Continue on through the rest of your project, punching up to 20 sheets of 20lb paper per lift. When your whole project is punched, organize it. It's time to bind.
Once you've selected the right size coil, begin to thread it on by hand through the first few holes. Operate the inserter by pressing the pedal either with hand or foot and drive the coil all the way through the spine. To finish off, crimp both ends with coil crimping pliers. Feel free to check out our How To video on coil crimping. And there it is. Coil binding made easy with the CoilMac ER+ by Akiles. For more demos, reviews, and how to's on this product and many more, check out MyBinding.com.
- Model: CoilMac-ER+
- Pitch: Letter 4:1 (0.248")
- Operation: Punching - Manual
Inserting - Electric (with built-in Electric Roller)
- Inserting: Electric
- Hole Punch: Oval (5mm x 4mm)
- Disengaging Dies: Full
- Single Punching Capacity: Up to 20 sheets for 20 lbs paper*
Up to 2.6mm for hardboard
(28-sheet equivalent thickness)**
- Binding Capacity: Up to 7/8" (electric)
Up to 2" (manual)
- Weight / Volume: 38 lbs & 2.5 CbFt
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
- * = To avoid operator's fatigue, our punch throat shield has been set to accept up to 20 sheets only, based on average person's arm stength.
- ** = To punch thicker materials (such as hardboard), simply remove the punch throat shield & proceed to punch.