- Electric Double-Sided Coil Crimpers with adjustable knives: Avoid manual coil crimping process and improve productivity.
- Works on Full Range of Coil Sizes: Quickly and easily crimp all coils sizes (from 6mm to 50mm).
- Adjustable Crimper Heads: No hassle of switching crimper heads for different sizes.
- Simple Five Step Setup: Only takes seconds to change coil or sheet size settings.
- Special Coil Alignment Guides: Ensures a perfect, consistent result in every crimping operation, by guiding your coils in a well-centered position to the knives.
- 54 cycles per minute: Fastest cycle speed in its class, higher productivity.
- Industrial design with all metal construction
- Foot pedal operated
- Includes a large waste catcher
- Weight 51 lbs
- One Year Manufacturer Warranty
Reviewed on 8/5/2015
Easy set up just like the advertisement says. Quality is very good.
Akiles Crimp @ Coil Review
When it comes to the spiral coil binding process, the very last step is one of the most important. Crimping the ends of the binding helps to ensure that the spine stays on the book where it belongs and doesn’t spin itself off. While it is a fairly simple process even when done manually, if you are working with a high volume of books, it can be somewhat of a time consuming task. The Akiles Crimp @ Coil is a machine that automatically cuts and crimps the ends of the spiral coil wire far more quickly and easily than it can be done with hands and pliers. We recently took a close look at the Crimp @ Coil and are here to report what we see as some of its strengths and weaknesses.
1. Versatility. The Crimp @ Coil is a pretty impressive unit, as it is set up to crimp coils of just about any size from 6mm to 50mm thick. One thing that you will also appreciate about it is that you will not have to make any sort of physical adjustment to the machine or change any sort of die to crimp coils of different sizes. All you have to do is to select the correct setting for the coil you are using and you are all set. This is a refreshing change from the vast majority of the other crimping machines on the market.
2. Speed. Speed + accuracy = productivity, and with the ability to cut and crimp fifty booklets a minute, the Crimp @ Coil impresses with in this realm as well. The motor operates at 54 cycles a minute making it one of the fastest automatic crimping machines out there, which means that it presents a good solution for just about any heavy duty document production environment.
3. Durability. Just like most members of the Akiles line, the Crimp @ Coil is constructed entirely of high quality metal, and is by all appearances, a machine that was built to give you years of great service. This, of course, heightens the appeal the machine may have for large volume users such as professional binderies, copy and print shops, and larger businesses that do their own in house publishing.
4. Safe. The Crimp @ Coil comes with a handy foot pedal, meaning that it can be operated without the
use of hands. This both increases the accuracy of the machine, and helps to ensure that hands stay free of the cutting and crimping mechanism where they might be injured by careless operators.
5. Convenient. The waste bag of the Crimp @ Coil is both large and easy to empty.
6. Accurate. The Crimp @ Coil’s alignment guide makes this a very easy to use machine, and helps to ensure that your books are always correctly positioned for crimping.
1. The Crimp @ Coil is designed for use by large volume production environments, so the financial outlay may be a little much unless your business can be described as such.
2. This machine weighs in at around 50lbs, so you might need some help moving it around the floor, or you might want to find the machine its own dedicated spot.
If you are interested in more information about Akiles Crimp-A-Coil Automatic Crimper, you might want to visit MyBinding.com. They offer a great price on binding equipment and they even offer Free Shipping on orders over $75.00. Plus, they carry a full line of Binding Supplies, of all types and capabilities. Check it out today!