- Carefully crafted with only the highest quality components.
- Work with all standard materials, like: PVC, polyester, leather, paper, polypropylene, etc.
- Have high productivity: Specially designed to cut through multiple sheets at a time with the least effort and with minimum die depreciation.
- Are practical: With an interchangeable die system for your various jobs.
- Are ideal for rounding covers, pouches, pictures, all types of IDs, invitations, postcards, etc.
- Model: Diamond-1 / Diamond-5
- Operation: Manual / Electric
- Maximum Capacity: 0.4" / 1.97"
- Included Dies: 1/4"
- Available Dies: 1/8", 1/4" 3/8", 45 degrees (straight), half-moon / 1/8", 1/4" 3/8"
- Waste Backset: Included
- "L" Guide: Included
- Plastic Pads: Included / N/A
- Radius Alignment Guide: Included
- Dimensions: 9" x 5.5" x 5.8" / 12" x 12.75" x 6.5"
- Weight / Volume: 5.5 lbs / 0.40 CbFt / 55 lbs / 1.00 CbFt
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer
If you have any questions about the Akiles Diamond 1 Corner Rounding Machine or other Akiles binding machines that we carry please feel free to call us toll free at 1-800-944-4573 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Reviewed on 10/31/2015
I love this corner cutter. Now i can work faster in my proyects.
Akiles Diamond 1 Corner Rounding Machine Review
- The Akiles diamond 1 is designed to help you quickly and easily add round corners to all of your important documents, promotional materials and other printed items. It is perfect for rounding the corners on your paper, PVC, polyester, leather and polypropylene items.
- It uses a special corner cutting die to add a radius to the corner on a small stack of documents at a time.
Strengths and Features:
- One of the best things about the Akiles Diamond 1 corner rounder is the cost. The Diamond one costs less than $150 including a die. This is about $50 less than most other comparable corner rounding machines on the market. However, the most substantial savings with the Diamond 1 comes in the dies. Dies for the Diamond 1 only cost about $20. Compare that to $70-$100 for most other corner rounding dies and the Akiles is a much cheaper corner rounding option.
- The Akiles Diamond 1 allows you to round the corners on a stack of paper up to 0.4" at a time. This means that you can process a fairly large stack of documents in very short amount of time. There are a few corner rounders that can handle a little bit more paper than this but not very many.
- The Akiles Diamond 1 ships with the tools that you need to use in order to change the dies and with a convenient radius selector tool to help you choose the right radius die for your project. The tools and the radius selection fit conveniently in a drawer that is located in the base of the unit. You can even fit extra radius dies in the base of the corner rounder.
- There are a number of different radius dies available for use with the Diamond 1 including a 1/8" radius die, a 3/8" radius die, a 3/8" radius die, a 1/4" radius die, a 45 degree angle die and a half moon die for thumb cut calendar punching.
Weaknesses and Limitations:
- Although there is a fairly decent selection of dies for the Akiles Diamond 1, other corner rounders have a lot larger selection of dies available for them. If you need to round your documents with a larger radius or with an extremely small radius, you will need to select a different corner rounder.
- The cutting table on the Akiles diamond 1 is actually a lot smaller than an 8.5" x 11" document. This means that you have to hold the document with one hand and keep it pressed in place while you pull the handle with your other hand.
- The Akiles Diamond 1 uses small blue cutting pads that wear out during the cutting process. These pads need to be replaced on a regular basis in order to ensure the quality of cutting that is achieved. These pads aren't very expensive and come in packs of five. It is worth having a few on hand inside the drawer of your Diamond 1.
For organizations that need to round the corners on small to medium numbers of documents or items, the Diamond 1 is an ideal solution. It is simple to use and offers an excellent value for your money. However, organizations that need to round a lot of documents or that need special sized radius corners for their documents may need to consider a larger corner rounding unit.