- Punches up to 15 sheets of 20lbs. bond paper.
- Harden Steel Dies Provide a clean and precise punch every time, even when punching delicate or hard to punch materials, such as PVC, Poly Covers, Polyester, etc.
- Ergonomic Handle: Maximizes punching-strength, for an effortless perforation.
- Wire Closer Selector: Selector Bar sets the wire closer according to your wire size
- Wire Size Selector: Determines the best wire size to be used on your document
- Side Margin Guide: To evenly center the document.
- Built-In Wire Closer, Anti-Dust Cover and Waste Drawer
- 1 Year Manuafacturer Warranty
- Model: iWire-31 / iWire-21
- Pitch: 3:1 / 2:1
- Hole Punch: Square / Rectangular
- Closing Capacity: From 3/16" up to 9/16" / From 3/16" up to 1-1/4"
- Punching Capacity: Up to 15 Sheets of 20lb Bond Paper
- Closing System: Vertical
- Format: Letter or A4 (European)
- Wire Selector: Included
- Weight: 20lbs
Akiles iWire 21 Wire Binding Machine Review
Wire binding can make your documents look elegant and professional. You just need to have the right binding machine to do it. One contender is the Akiles iWire 21, a product that was just released. Here’s a look at this device’s strengths and weaknesses. Check them out so you can decide if this product is right for you.
- The iWire 21 has a reasonably decent punching capacity. It can punch up to 15 sheets of paper at once, provided the paper is of the 20 lb. bond variety. Your pages will be properly punched because this device has a side margin guide that will center them properly.
- This machine has harden steel dies that will punch clean holes all the time. This is even true if you’re punching cardstock, PVC, and other other materials.
- The iWire 21 makes it easy to select the right spine for your document. It has a wire selector so you’ll be able to choose the right supplies for your documents. When it comes time to close the wires, you can use this machine’s built-in wire closer.
- As far as what wire spines are compatible with this device, all 2:1 pitch wire spines from 3/16” to 1.25” thick can be used. Thus, you’ll be able to create documents that contain up to 250 pages.
- This device is easy to keep clean because it has an anti-dust cover. The cover will keep foreign materials out of the machine so it will stay in good working condition.
- The iWire 21 has a terrific contemporary appearance. It will look great in any work environment.
- Finally, the iWire 21 is priced affordably so purchasing it won’t totally blow your budget. It comes with a one-year warranty so you’re covered if your particular device turns out to be a dud.
- The iWire21 doesn’t have disengageable dies, so you’ll be limited to producing letter- and A4-sized documents. You should choose a different machine if you wanted to make books of different sizes.
- This device’s punching and binding handle is located on its right side. This will be inconvenient for left-handed users.
- Although this machine’s punching capacity is good for small and medium-sized documents, it’s probably not going to cut it if you need to produce a lot of books in a short amount of time. If you regularly need to do that, the iWire 21 isn’t going to be the right device for you.
Akiles has always made twin-loop wire binding devices that are of the highest quality, and they’ve done so again with the iWire 21. This is the perfect device for schools and small offices, and it has everything you need to put together professional-looking documents. You’ll find this machine easy to use and that it’s well-constructed. True, this product does have a couple of weaknesses, but what product doesn’t? As long as you’re content with producing letter-sized books and you don’t need a heavy-duty machine, you’ll find that the iWire 21 is the machine for you. Take a look at it today.