Akiles 2:1 OffiWire Manual Wire Binding Machine
The Akiles OffiWire 21 Manual Wire Binding Machine is perfect for personal use or low volume manual wire binding. The OffiWire 21 includes both a punch and wire closer and makes wire binding affordable for low volume users. This model has 2:1 pitch configurations and is perfect for lower volume applications, (there is a 3:1 pitch model available). It can punch up to 10 sheets per lift.
- Punches up to 10 sheets of 20lbs. bond paper.
- Harden Steel Dies Provide a clean and precise punch every time, even when punching delicate or hard to punch materials, such as PVC, Poly Covers, Polyester, etc.
- "U" Shape Handle: Maximizes punching-strength, for an effortless perforation.
- Strong: Metal chassis and high quality components guarantee durability and reliability.
- Bilateral Closer: Systematically and independently adjusts at either end, providing a precise and even wire closure.
- Side Margin Guide: To evenly center the document.
- Wire Selector: Precisely determines the appropriate wire diameter to use.
- ISO 9002 Quality
- Model: OffiWire-21
- Pitch: 2:1
- Hole Punch:Rectangular (4x5.5mm)
- Closing Capacity: From 5/8" up to 1"
- Punching Capacity: Up to 10 sheets of 20lbs bond paper
- Closing System: Vertical
- Format: Letter or A4 (European)
- Wire Selector: Included
- Weight: 23 lbs
There are No Reviews on this Product Yet
Transcript: Welcome to MyBinding video. Let's have a look at the Akiles OffiWire, a manual wire binding machine. Designed for low volume wire binding needs, the OffiWire is a great machine. This is the side margin control knob that you set so that all punches are consistent throughout your whole project. Using scratch paper, make sure your punch is correct and off you go. With your covers, push them all the way to the back of the throat and make your punch. And continue to do so through the rest of your project, punching in batches of ten sheets of 20lb paper or less. When all is punched, assemble your pr... Read More
Welcome to MyBinding video. Let's have a look at the Akiles OffiWire, a manual wire binding machine. Designed for low volume wire binding needs, the OffiWire is a great machine. This is the side margin control knob that you set so that all punches are consistent throughout your whole project. Using scratch paper, make sure your punch is correct and off you go. With your covers, push them all the way to the back of the throat and make your punch. And continue to do so through the rest of your project, punching in batches of ten sheets of 20lb paper or less. When all is punched, assemble your project together and choose your wire. Use the measuring tool groove on the front to establish exactly what size wire you need. Then drape your wire inside the holder, all the teeth facing up. A little trick in wire binding to hide the final seam is to take the back cover and bring it over to face the front cover. Then drape the whole project in one or smaller batches over the teeth of the wire. All set, slide it out from the side. You'll need to adjust both turn dials back to set it according to the size wire you're using. That way the stop doesn't go any further than needed. For some, turning the machine around to get a better view of the settings is helpful. With the opening, or the ?C" shape of the wire, place it down into the groove and pull the lever down, all the way until it stops. And there it is, your book is all done. The seam is hidden between the back cover and the back page and you've got a great looking book. And all of the punches can be disposed from the small tray on the right-hand side. That's the Akiles OffiWire. For more demos, reviews, and how tos on this product and many more, check out MyBinding.com.
Akiles OffiWire Manual Double Loop Wire Binding Machine Product Review
- The Akiles Offiwire is a small binding machine that is designed for binding documents using wire-o, double loop or twin loop wire binding spines.
- This machine is available in either a 2:1 pitch or a 3:1 pitch version depending on the size of the documents that you need to bind.
- With a great set of features, the Akiles Offiwire is ideal for small offices and home offices that need to bind a few documents per day with wire.
Strengths / Features:
- The Offiwire is available in two different versions.
- The 3:1 pitch version produces a hole pattern with three holes per inch. It is ideal for binding documents between 3/16″ and 9/16″ with wire binding. This version can also be used with special 3:1 pitch spiral coil and with GBC Proclick binding spines.
- The 2:1 pitch version produces a hole pattern with two holes per inch. This hole pattern is specifically designed for binding documents that are between 5/8″ and 1-1/4″ thick. However, special small sized 2:1 pitch wire is available for organizations that occasionally need to bind small sized documents.
- This machine has a heavy duty all metal wire closer. Many low end wire binding machines do not have a high quality wire closer. Over time, these machines will begin to close the wire crooked causing problems with your bound documents. The wire closer on the Offiwire will not have this problem. It uses two heavy duty metal bolts that allow you to adjust the closer precisely. These metal bolts will also prevent slipping.
- When Akiles designed this machine, they included a convenient ergonomically designed U-shaped handle. This handle is ideal for both left and right handed individuals and is used to operate both the wire closer and the punching mechanism.
- The Offiwire even offers a wire holder on the front of the machine to help hold your spines in place when you are hanging the pages on the document. You simply press on the back portion of the holder insert your wire and let the clamp hold the spine in place while you insert your pages onto the loops of the spine.
Weaknesses / Limitations:
- Although the Offiwire offers a number of great features, it is still a machine that is designed for small office use. It is only capable of punching up to ten sheets of twenty pound paper at a time. This is a fairly small capacity, especially for organizations that might need to bind larger documents or several documents at a time. Other heavier duty wire binding machines have larger punching capacities and are a better fit if you do more than a few documents per week.
- Although the overall construction of this machine is good, the shell of this machine is still made of plastic. Stepping up to the Akiles Wiremac will get you an all metal machine that will be more durable and will last longer.
- The Offiwire is designed specifically for punching letter sized documents. It does not have disengageable punching pins or a depth of punch margin control. This means that it can not be used to punch half letter sized documents, landscape format paper, A4 documents or any other sheet sizes.
- The Akiles Offiwire is one of the best small personal wire binding machines available on the market.
- It is ideal for small offices and home offices that need to bind a few letter sized documents per week.
- However, larger volume users or organizations that need to bind documents that are longer or shorter than eleven inches will want to look at a heavier duty wire binding machine with disengageable dies and a larger punching capacity.
Questions & Answers
Do you carry spines for this machine?
Asked by RBarbara 8 months ago
Yes. The Offiwire21 uses 2:1 pitch wire binding spines that are available in sizes from 1/4" up to 1-1/2". You can find all of the Twin Loop Wire binding spines that we carry here or if you just want to see the 2:1 pitch options you can check those out here. We also carry a bunch of different Binding Cover options that you can use with the offwire for the fronts and backs of your reports.
Answered by Mybinding.com 8 months ago