- Heavy-duty / Multi-Functional (Versatile) / Reliable / Easy to use
- Die Disengagement Pins: All dies can be independently disengaged, allows punching of any size document while preventing partial side-end perforation.
- Side Margin Control: Provides and evenly centered punch for all document sizes.
- Vertical Wire Closer
- Diameter Scale: Measures document's thickness in order to select best wire/comb size option
- Master Selector: Determines the correct: Wire Diameter, Closing Position, Depth Margin & Wire Pitch.
- Wire Closer Control: With continuous adjusting scale for an exact and secure closure every time .
- Punch Throat & Ruler for Comb
- Open Punching Throat & Continuous Punching Guide: For an easy alignment & punching of longer documents.
- Depth Margin Control: Provides the correct punch margin depth for each wire/comb size. Maximizes document tear resistance.
- Punch Throat & Ruler for WIRE
- Wire Punch Handle
- Comb Punch Handle
- Comb Opener / Comb Opener Handle
- Wire Closer Handle
- Model: WIREMAC-COMBO 31 / WIREMAC-COMBO 21
- Punching Pitch: 3:1, 3 holes per inch (Wire) Standard Comb Pitch (Comb)
2:1, 2 holes per inch (Wire) Standard Comb Pitch (Comb)
- Disengagement Dies: All 40 dies (Wire) All 24 dies (Comb)
All 27 dies (Wire) All 24 dies (Comb)
- Hole Sizes: Square 4mm x 4mm (Wire) Rectangular 3.12 x 7.94mm (Comb)
Rectangular 4mm x 5.5mm (Wire) Rectangular 3.12 x 7.94mm (Comb)
- Single Punching Capacity: Up to 20 sheets of 20 lbs paper
- Binding Capacity: 3/16" - 9/16" (Wire) 3/16" - 2" (Comb)
5/8" - 1-1/4" (Wire) 3/16" - 2" (Comb)
- Adjustable Side Margin: Included
- Adjustable Depth Margin: Included
- Machine Dimensions: 20.5" (D) x 27" (W) x 20" (H)
- Carton Dimensions: 19" (D) x 21" (W) x 13" (H)
- Weight & Volume: 64 lbs & 2.90 Cbft
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
Akiles WireMac Combo Twin Loop Wire and Plastic Comb Binding Machine Review
- The Akiles Wiremac Combo is one of the only binding machines available on market that is capable of binding both plastic combs and twin loop wire using the same machine.
- This machine is available in two different configurations. You can choose between a machine that will use plastic combs and 3:1 pitch wire-o spines or you can choose a machine that will use combs and 2:1 pitch wire.
- This heavy duty all metal binding machine is ideal for organizations that are looking for durability, flexibility and versatility in binding their documents.
Strengths / Features:
- The Akiles Wiremac Combo is available in two different configurations:
- One configuration punches holes for plastic comb binding and holes for 3:1 pitch wire binding. This machine is compatible with comb binding spines, double loop wire, GBC Proclick, GBC Zipbind, Spiral-O Wire and 3:1 pitch spiral coil. This provides a huge variety of binding options for users and allows your organization to use different binding styles for different types or classes of reports or presentations.
- The Wiremac Combo is also available with a comb binding punch and a 2:1 pitch wire binding punch. This machine is designed for binding documents with 2:1 pitch wire binding spines, GBC Zipbind, Plastic combs and Spiral-O Wire. Although this machine does not offer as many binding options as the 3:1 version, it does provide the ability to bind larger sized books using twin loop wire.
- The WireMac Combo is made almost entirely of heavy duty metal components. These metal components are designed to last longer and be more durable than the components on binding machines that are made of plastic. When compared to the GBC C500pro which offers similar punching options, the metal construction is one of the things that helps to set this machine apart.
- Both configurations of this machine include a heavy duty double loop wire closer. This closer is conveniently located on the front of the machine and is designed to close your "C" shaped wire spines so that they become round. The closer on the WireMac Combo is capable of closing all of the different sizes of twin loop wire that are available. This means that it can be used with small sized 2:1 pitch wire or that the 3:1 pitch version can also be used with larger sizes of spiral-o wire.
- The Wiremac Combo also includes several other important features including: an open throat for binding larger documents, fully disengageable dies for punching custom sized sheets, adjustable depth of punch margin controls for binding extremely small and extremely large documents and a set of hooks on the front of the machine to assist in hanging pages on your wire spines.
Weaknesses / Limitations:
- Although the Wiremac Combo is one of the most versatile binding machines available on the market, it is still a manual punch. This machine is designed to punch about twenty sheets of paper at a time. This makes it a great choice for small and medium sized companies. However, large organizations and companies that need to do a lot of binding will want to consider an interchangeable die modular binding system. A modular punch when combined with appropriate finishing equipment will be three to four times more productive than this machine.
- Although Akiles has done a magnificent job of placing a huge number of features into one binding system, the resulting product isn't as pretty as some customers would like. The Wiremac Combo has two punching levers, a handle to operate the comb opener and a handle to operate the wire closer. It is also fairly large and takes up a fair amount of counter space. These are things to keep in mind if you are considering a combination binding system such as this.
- The Akiles Wiremac Combo is an excellent machine for users who are looking to do multiple styles of binding within their organization. In fact, this machine can be used with more different styles of binding than any other system on the market. This makes it a great machine for offices that aren't sure what style of binding they want to use or for offices that think that they may need to change the look of their reports and presentations in the future.
- It is extremely durable and built with high quality metal components and has all of the features that you might need in a manual binding system.
- However, this is still a manual binding machine and it is not ideal for high volume applications or applications where productivity is essential. It is also important to make sure that you have the space for this type of system in your office before making your purchase.
This review was written by Jeff McRitchie who is the director of marketing for Mybinding.com Jeff has written more than three hundred articles and more than two hundred reviews on Binding Machines, Binding Supplies, Report Covers, 3-Ring Binders, Index Tabs, Laminators, Laminating Supplies, Paper Shredders and Paper Handling Equipment.