- Single stroke three hole drilling
- 25% more production through its 2-1/2" drilling capacity per stroke
- Powerful hydraulic operation
- Automatic return of the drilling heads
- Automatic paper chip removal
- Rugged heavy-duty construction
- Variable speed stroke control
- Includes (3) drilling heads, (3) 1/4" x 2-1/2"/6.4 x 64 mm & (3) 5/16" x 2-1/2"/7.9 x64 mm hollow drill bits, (12) 3"/7.6 cm wood drilling blocks, (1) hand drill sharpener, (1) manual & (1) tool kit
- Maximum Drilling Capacity: 2-1/2" / 63 mm
- Range Between Bits: 2-3/4" to 4-1/2"
- Range between outside bits: 5-1/2" to 9"
- Drilling speed: 18 strokes per minute
- Table size: 19-1/2 X 31-1/2"
- Electrical: 208/230 Volts AC, 60Hz, 1- phase, 18 A (30 A Service)
- Warranty: 3 Year Manufacturer Warranty, excluding wearables
Challenge EH-3 Hydraulic Three Spindle Paper Drill Review
If you've ever tried to use a traditional three-hole punch to process hundreds of pieces of paper, you know that it's tedious. (Not to mention time-consuming.) However, you can speed the process up by using a hydraulic three spindle paper drill such as the Challenge EH-3. Here's some information about it so you can determine if it's right for you.
The EH-3 has a terrific drilling capacity. This device is capable of drilling through 2.5 inches of paper so you'll be able to process hundreds of sheets very quickly. Only one stroke is needed to punch the paper so you won't have to keep drilling to get the results you want. You can even control the speed of the stroke if you want. At the top speed, this device will deliver 18 strokes per minute.
If you want to work with larger sizes of paper, the EH-3 would be a great choice. This device has a table that measures 19.5" x 31.5" so you can easily process larger sheets.
This is a three spindle drill so you'll be able to drill three holes at once. Using a device such as this is far preferable to using a one spindle machine because you don't need to drill the paper multiple times to get the hole pattern you want. Plus, each hole will be cleanly cut so your documents will look great.
The EH-3 operates hydraulically which is great because that means it's easier for you to use. You don't have to put out much effort to use this device so even if you're working with a lot of sheets, you're less likely to get tired out.
The EH-3 will automatically remove the paper chips for you. It will also return the drilling heads to their appropriate positions so there won't be a lot of contact between the drilling block and bits. This will lengthen the life of the bits so you won't be constantly purchasing new ones.
This device is incredibly large so you'll want to make sure you have adequate room for it before investing in it.
You can feel good about buying this device because it's made in the United States. When you purchase one, you'll be supporting American workers and this country's economy.
Finally, the EH-3 comes with a generous three-year warranty. (The warranty excludes wearables, however.)
The Challenge EH-3 is a fantastic hydraulic three spindle drill. This device is solidly built so you'll definitely be able to get a lot of use out of it. (And if it fails, you've got the excellent three-year warranty to fall back on.) Since this machine has three spindles you'll be able to produce a three-hole pattern quickly and easily, and the device's table is big enough to support larger sizes of paper. And even though this device is big, you'll find it easy to use. All in all, the EH-3 is a really impressive machine, so consider getting one for your workplace today.