- Power Cutting: Electric power - 1/2HP Gear Drive Motor
- Manual Clamping: Hand crank wheel system provides over 200% more clamping force than the lever clamping system. RESULT - a better cut.
- Safety Guards: Safety covers over the front table (the cutting area) and rear table.
- Safety Dual Cut Buttons: Requires the simultaneous use of both hands to operate.
- Construction: Heavy Duty Steel, Cast Iron, and Cast Aluminum Construction gives it "Challenge durability". Hardened steel components and bronze bearings on most wear surfaces increase the life of the machine.
- LED Digital Backgauge Position Display: The easy to read digital display located on the front table of the machine allows the operator to easily set the backgauge position accurately?everytime.
- LED Cut-Line Light: Twelve red LED lights positioned over the knife provides the brightest, most consistent and easy to see optical cut-line in the industry.
- Auto Releasing Front Safety Shield: Front shield automatically pops open after a cut cycle is completed allowing the operator to remove the cut stock without the extra step of having to manually open the cover.
- Virtually Maintenance Free Knife Bar Gibs: "Gibs" are devices used to control the knife position during a cut cycle assuring a consistent and accurate cut. Traditionally, these surfaces require routine lubrication because of the continuous surface friction they have with the moving knife bar. The Spartan 150 SA gibs however, are made of an advanced material called UHMW that is both strong and self-lubricating - resulting in virtually maintenance free durability.
- Included: New Cut Stick and Blade.
- 90 Day Warranty.
- Maximum Cutting Width: 15-3/4" (40cm)
- Clamp Opening: 1-1/2" (3.8cm)
- Minimum Cut: 1-15/16" (3.8cm)
- Maximum Cut: 15-1/4" (38.7cm)
- Table Space In Front of Knife: 9" (22.9cm)
- Overall Height: 21-1/2" (54.6cm)
- Overall Width: 25-3/4" (65.4cm)
- Overall Length: 31" (78.7cm)
- Net Weight: 170 lbs (77kg)
- Shipping Weight: 240 lbs (109kg)
- Shipping Weight with Stand: 306 lbs (139kg)
- Electrical: 1/2 H.P. 1 Phase, 60 Hz, 120 Volt, AC Service Size: 15 Amps
- Includes: New Cut Stick and Blade
- Warranty: 90 day Warranty
The Spartan 150 SA Semi-Automatic Electric Cutter is the newest member of the family of Spartan Series Paper Cutters manufactured by The Challenge Machinery Company. In 1887, Challenge was the first company in the world to manufacture commercially available paper cutters. We continue to provide a complete line of finishing equipment for the small- to medium-format printer. The Spartan 150 SA is an electric cutter and is capable of cutting a maximum width of 40 cm. This size is perfect for A4 paper. Now, let’s see how easy it is to operate. The size of the cut is adjusted by rotating the handle at the front of the machine. Rotating the handle moves the back gauge to the desired dimension. The convenient and easy-to-read digital display is located on the front table. It displays the location of the back gauge to one-tenth of a millimeter accuracy. This easy-to-use feature allows the operator to accurately cut jobs that require consistency. The Spartan 150 SA is the first paper cutter to have an LED light line. This unique light line consists of 12 separate sources of bright light. It projects a sharp, red line onto the paper to indicate where the cut will occur. The LED light does not require replacement as with traditional light bulbs because LED lights rarely fail. The manual clamping system is operated by using a hand wheel at the top of the machine. This system provides up to three times more clamping force than lever-operated machines offered by competitive brands. Higher clamping force significantly improves cutting accuracy. The cut is activated by lowering the auto-release safety shield to the closed position. Push and hold the two cut buttons to make the cut. After the knife has completed the cut, release the cut buttons. The knife and safety shield will automatically return to their up position. The auto-release safety shield is an exclusive feature found only on the Spartan 150. This feature reduces handling of the safety shield by 50%, dramatically improving productivity. Challenge has improved the life expectancy of the cutter by installing knife gibs made from UHMW material. The knife gib is the structural component that guides the knife holder during the cut cycle. The UHMW material is a special hard polymer that does not wear out and requires no lubrication. This unique feature protects the knife holder from damage which is a common cause of expensive repairs and the eventual replacement of the cutter in this size range. The Spartan 150 SA Paper Cutter with its heavy-duty steel cast iron and aluminum construction, the lubrication-free UHMW knife gibs and the LED line light offer a nearly maintenance-free machine. These and many other features combine with an economical price make the Spartan 150 SA the best value in the 40 cm paper cutter market. Order yours today.
Challenge Spartan 150SA Semi-Automatic Paper Cutter Review
Do you need a heavy-duty paper cutter for your workplace that also happens to be remarkably durable? If so, you'll want to check out the Challenge Spartan 150SA Semi-Automatic Paper Cutter. This machine is one of the more durable ones you'll find and it also has an excellent cutting capacity. Let's take a closer look at this device to see what its has to offer you.
This machine can cut paper that's up to 15.75" wide so you'll be able to easily cut both letter- and legal-sized sheets. There's 9" of space in front of the blade so you'll have a lot of room in which to work.
The 150SA has a great cutting capacity thanks to its 1/2-horsepower motor. It's able to slice through 1.5" of paper at once, which is over 200 sheets. This is a great machine to use if you want to quickly cut a lot of paper.
When you use the 150SA, you'll be able to stay safe because it's equipped with safety shields on both the front and rear tables. (The front shield will pop up when the machine is done cutting.) Also, this machine requires two-handed operation so your fingers won't be anywhere near the blade during cutting.
This device comes with a manual clamp to keep your paper in place when you cut it. This clamp proves more than 200% more force than a lever clamping mechanism so you can get a much better cut.
The 150SA has an illuminated cutting line so you'll be able to see where the paper will be cut before you actually lower the blade. There's also an LED backgauge position display so you'll be able to tweak the backgauge's settings to your liking.
Challenge is known for making extremely durable paper cutters and they've done so again with the 150SA. This machine is made from a number of high-quality materials including cast aluminum and iron, as well as heavy-duty steel. This is definitely one cutter that's able to handle whatever comes its way. Also, this device features maintenance-free gibs so you'll never need to worry about lubricating them. (Gibs are parts that control the blade position.)
This cutter is pretty large so you're going to need a rather roomy work surface for it. Its dimensions are 21.5" x 25.75" x 31". If you don't have adequate space for it, you can order a stand along with it. Also, be sure to get some help moving this device because it weighs 170 pounds.
Finally, the 150SA is covered by a one-year warranty so you'll be able to have it repaired or replaced if the unit you get turns out to be defective.
The Challenge Spartan 150SA is a first-rate cutter that's perfect for a variety of work environments. This machine is very durable and it's able to slice through a terrific amount of paper at once. It has a lot of advanced features such as the illuminated cutting line and the front and rear safety shields. Plus, it comes with a good warranty. Be sure to check out the 105SA today if you need a durable cutter.