- Chain driven providing slip free power
- Slide out drawer to remove waste
- Mobility case is made of hard plastic and lined with foam for protection
- Lockable case is airtight, watertight, and corrosion proof
- Automatic On/Off & Bin Full Auto Off
- Shred Size: 1mm x 4.7mm Cross Cut
- Security Level: 6
- Feed Width: 9-1/2 "
- Capacity: 4 / 6 Sheet Capacity
- Speed: 13 ft/min
- Motor: 1/2 Hp 115V
- Weight: 88 lbs
- Waste Bag: 706
- Dimensions: 18" x 16" x 14"
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty on Cutting Cylinders, 2 Year on Parts, and Labor
Dahle 20434DS Level 6 Cross Cut High Security Deployment Paper Shredder Review
If you take threats to the security of your documents seriously (and we mean very, very seriously) and you would like the added feature of portability, you may want to give some consideration to the Dahle 20434 DS High Security Shredder. Designed for use in the field by military, federal and state governments, and any contractors and/or subcontractors of such agencies as the Department of Defense for projects where top security is a chief priority.
- The Dahle 20434 DS is portable, and thus gives you the ability to destroy top Security documents while you are out in the field, on a business trip, or just about anywhere. This shredder is commonly used for military deployment but can also be used for other applications where portability is essential.
- With the Dahle 20434 DS, you can rest assured that you are enjoying the highest security level offered by any shredder anywhere. Rated at Security Level 6, this deployable shredder meets the approval of the National Security Administration for the destruction of Top Secret documents under their NSA/CSS Specification 02-01 standards.
- This amazing machine features two solid steel cutting cylinders that pulverize paper shreds of paper that measure 1mm by 4.7mm. What this means in practical terms is that the average sheet of paper will be in over 15,500 pieces after it has been shredded by this machine. In other words, you can be certain beyond a shadow of a doubt that whatever goes through this shredder will never be read again.
- The 20434 DS is exceptionally durable and designed for easy portability. There are recessed handles on the sides, a tough but lightweight wooden cabinet, and the 20434 DS even comes with a high impact plastic case so you can ship it anywhere you might need to. The case is lined with foam inside so the shredder is always well protected during transfer, and all the seals are designed to be air and water tight to prevent any damage from corrosion and the like.
- Even for such a high security, portable machine, the 20434 DS's sheet capacity is pretty impressive, at eight sheets, and thirteen feet per minute.
- The shred bin is accessed by a sliding drawer which makes for easy accessibility and disposal of shred waste. The tiny size of the sheet particles also mean you will have to empty the bin much less often than you would for a normal shredder.
- The operation of the 20434 DS could not be simpler. It features a toggle switch that allows you to choose on/off, continuous run, or reverse operation.
- Portability is a great thing, but it does result in some limitations. The feed width of the 20434 DS is only 9.5 inches wide, which will still accommodate most letter and legal sized sheets, but custom sized documents such as computer printout paper will have to be cut or otherwise re-sized in order to fit.
- Although this shredder is supposedly portable, it weighs more than eighty pounds. This makes it somewhat difficult to move. If you need to move the shredder around inside your organization it should be fine or need to move it to another office or deployment location. However, the weight of this unit means that you won't want to simply pick it up and carry it with you on a whim.
- While Dahle offers a two year warranty on all of the other parts, there is only a one year warranty on the cutting heads of the 20434 DS. This is common with high security paper shredders.
- With the 20434 DS, you will likely want to shred on an as needed basis, and not try to shred huge piles of documents in one sitting.