- Hand-held rotary lead pointer for 2mm leads
- Integrated steel milled cutting blades
- Sharpening hole can be closed to prevent graphite dust from spilling out
- Ideal for drafting and sketching kits
- Cleaning plug included
- Blade Type: Wedge
- Pencil Type: 2mm leads
- Features: Steel milled blade
- Part Number: 53484
- Warranty: Lifetime Manufacturer Warranty
- UPC Code: 76769534841
This is the Dahle Personal Lead Pointer!
First, you can twist the cap to open and close the opening to insert your lead.
Pull the cap off to empty the graphite dust, you can also remove the actual sharpener from the canister—or choose to actually use it this way, and now I can show you how it works!
Gently twist your lead until it’s sharper!
If you try inserting an actual pencil, the wood will get in the way—this is made more specifically for 2mm mechanical drafting pencils.
Since I didn’t have one on hand I shaved off some wood from a normal pencil to simulate it, now the lead sharpened to a nice point(and just the lead).
Insert the point into the cleaning plug to remove any graphite dust from the tip.
Here is a comparison of a pencil sharpened with a standard sharpener to the lead sharpened with this lead pointer.