- Precision cutting of up to 10 sheets
- Self-sharpening blade made of Solingen Steel
- Sturdy blade will not fly up or drop down
- Manual paper clamp protects fingers and holds work securely
- Durable laminated wood base with 1/2" grid
- Cutting Length: 24"
- Cutting Capacity: 10 sheets
- Dimensions: 27 1/2" x 24 3/4"
- Part Number: 124
- Warranty: Lifetime Manufacturer Warranty
- UPC Code: 76769124004
Reviewed on 12/2/2015
I took out of the box and was realy dissapointed , was broken and and it does not appear as German quality , it was not made in Germany it looks like was made in the someone's garage . It does not cut the paper , it Tares a part .I lost money paid restocking fee and shipping was expensive , but I do not need to keep something that I can not use it . Please stay away from this peticular model .
Dahle Model 124 Professional 24 Inch Guillotine Paper Cutter Review
Guillotine paper cutters make cutting multiple sheets of paper a fast and painless experience. Painless, that is, if the trimmer has safety features and you are careful when you use it. One device that's pretty safe to use is the Dahle Professional 24 inch Guillotine cutter. This is the third product in the company's lineup of professional guillotine paper cutters and it is the largest of them all. This product is pretty well-made (especially the blade) but it does have a few drawbacks as well, namely the cutting capacity. Nonetheless, be sure to continue reading to learn all about this paper cutter so you can determine if this cutter is a product you would be interested in purchasing.
- This product is very safe to use. It has a protective guard that keeps your fingers away from the blade while also securely holding your paper. The blade is spring-loaded which means it will stay in whatever position you put it in. This ensures a free-falling blade won't be a concern at all.
- The 124 has a 24-inch cutting length, so it's ideal for working with large pieces of paper, card stock, and other paper products. You can also trim photographs with it, if you need to.
- Guillotine paper trimmers are known for having sharp blades and the 124 definitely has one. Like many of Dahle's other cutters (and even their paper shredders), this unit has a Solingen steel blade that is extremely sharp - and incredibly durable. The blade is also self-sharpening so you can get a beautiful, crisp edge on everything you cut.
- This is a very durable paper cutter that's perfect for heavy-duty use in copy shops, art studios, and so on. Plus, it comes with a lifetime warranty.
- The 124 has a cutting capacity of ten sheets, which is adequate, but not great. Other Dahle guillotine cutters, such as the large-format ones, can slice up to 40 sheets, so the 124's cutting capacity seems a bit small.
- This product has a footprint of 27.5" x 24.75", so it will take up a lot of space. Make sure you have room for it before you make your purchase.
- The base of this device is wooden, not metal. The wood makes this unit heavier than many other cutters. That is a drawback if you need to move the cutter often. However, it helps to ensure that you have the leverage that you need so that the cutter doesn't move during the cutting process.
- This unit lacks the paper cutting guides found on the Dahle 533 and 534 models. However, it still has a pre-printed grid with both standard and metric units to help you measure your item before you cut it.
- This unit is quite expensive: it's priced at $349.00, which may be too much for some businesses. However, with the large format and the premium features, the price may well be worth it.
When it comes right down to it, you will need to decide if the Dahle 124's pros outweigh its cons. The high-quality blade, cutting length, lifetime warranty, and paper clamp/safety shield are wonderful features, but it's a bit disappointing you can only cut ten sheets of paper with this cutter. Nonetheless, if you aren't bothered by the cutting capacity and you want a Dahle guillotine paper trimmer for your larger project, the 124 should make you happy.