- Cuts up to 15 sheets of paper at a time
- Ground self-sharpening blade made of Solingen Steel
- Sturdy blade will not fly up or drop down
- Manual paper clamp protects fingers and holds work securely
- Sturdy metal base with preprinted guides
- Adjustable backstop mounts on top or bottom (212, 218)
- Cutting Length: 12"
- Cutting Capacity: 15 sheets
- Dimensions: 17 3/4" x 11 1/2"
- Part Number: 533 (Formerly 212)
- Warranty: Lifetime Manufacturer Warranty
- UPC Code: 76769212008
Welcome to MyBinding video. This is a look at the Dahle Model 533, a professional 12-inch guillotine-style paper cutter. Sharp in both look and function as Dahle always is, the 533 is no exception. With a removable magnetic fence, lining up is easy to do. Place it in and make your cut. A protective guard keeps your fingers safe at all times. The Dahle 533 can handle up to 15 sheets of 20lb paper per trim. That was eight, here's 16; no problem. That's the Dahle 533. For more reviews, demos, and how to's on this product and many more, check out MyBinding.com.
Dahle 533 Professional Guillotine Paper Cutter Review
Do you need a professional-grade guillotine paper cutter? If so, one product to check out is the Dahle 533, a high-quality device that has a lot of strengths, as well as a couple of minor weaknesses. Here’s all you need to know about them.
The many strengths:
- The 533 has a 15-sheet cutting capacity that makes it ideal for both small and medium-sized jobs. The cutting capacity is based on 20 lb. bond paper (i.e. the stuff you typically use in a copier or printer), so the capacity may increase if you user a thinner stock.
- You can cut more than paper with the 533. The blade is durable enough to slice through materials such as cardstock and photographs. This makes the cutter great for use in print shops as well as photography and art studios.
- This device can cut materials that are up to 12 inches long, so it’s perfect for letter-sized documents that measure 8.5” x 11”.
- The 533 has a blade that’s been made out of ground Solingen steel, which is one of the highest quality metals available. The blade is self-sharpening so you’ll never have to sharpen it yourself. As far as safety is concerned, the blade has a spring system that allows it to stay in the position you leave it in. It won’t fall down or fly up suddenly so you can stay safe while using it.
- This cutter has an adjustable backstop that can be attached to either the top or bottom depending on what you prefer. There’s also a manual paper clamp that will keep your items sturdy when you cut them. The clamp will also keep your fingers away from the blade.
- The 533 has a durable metal base that will be able to withstand a lot of use. The base has a measurement grid printed on it, as well as cutting guides so you can get the most accurate cut for your project.
- Finally, this product comes with a very generous lifetime warranty. This will enable you to either get the cutter fixed or replaced on the off-chance that something goes wrong with it.
And the minor weaknesses:
- Since the 533 has a 15-sheet cutting capacity, it wouldn’t be a good cutter to use if you frequently cut large amounts of paper. The cutter simply can’t process a lot of sheets at once and even if you tried using it for a big job, it would take a lot of time.
- The 12-inch cutting length makes it impossible to use this device for trimming large materials.
Overall, the Dahle 533 is a first-rate professional-grade guillotine paper cutter for smaller jobs. It’s great that it can process some non-paper materials and that the cutting length is sufficient for letter-sized documents. You’ll stay safe when using this device and you should get great results consistently. As long as you don’t need a device that can process large amounts of paper, the 533 definitely deserves a look.