- Automatic start and stop controlled by photo cell
- Wide, 16" feed opening
- High quality, hardened steel cutting shafts take staples, paper clips, credit cards, and CDs
- Lifetime warranty on the cutting shafts
- Quiet and powerful single phase motor rated for continuous operation
- Sturdy "twin drive system" with dust-proof gear box housing
- High quality wooden cabinet mounted on casters
- Convenient shred bin
- 44 gallon shred volume
- Particle size: 3/32" x 5/8"
- Sheet capacity: 12-14
- Shred speed: 20 ft./min.
- Security level: P-5 (Old Level 4)
- Feed opening: 16"
- Maximum horsepower: 1
- Motor output: .64 KW
- Electrical requirements: 115 V
- Dimensions (D x W x H): 23 1/4" x 25 1/4" x 38 1/4"
- Weight: 233 lbs.
MBM Destroyit 3804 Micro-Cut Shredder Review
When you're choosing a paper shredder, it's important to select one that will give you the security that you need. Luckily, there are micro-cut shredders available that can help you protect a variety of information. One such device is the MBM DestroyIt 3804, a machine that has some great special features and is suitable for use in a busy office. Check out the 3804's strengths and weaknesses:
- The 3804 is a micro-cut shredder with a level 4 security rating, so it's perfect if you require a lot of security. When you shred your paper, it will be turned into bits that measure just 3/32" x 5/8". That way, your personnel files, banking information, and so on will stay under wraps.
- This machine's feed opening is 16" wide, so you will be able to shred wide-format paper without any problems. You will be able to shred up to 14 sheets of paper at a time, which is actually pretty good for a micro-cut device.
- The 3804 does double-duty because it can shred some multimedia items such as CD's and credit cards. It can also easily shred documents that still have paper clips and staples attached to them. This will prevent you from wasting valuable time removing document fasteners.
- This shredder is ideal for busy offices since it has a 44-gallon waste bin. The machine can start and stop automatically because there is a photo cell in the feed opening that can detect paper and other items. Since the motor can operate continuously, you will be able to shred as needed throughout the day. The motor runs quietly so you can shred without annoying your colleagues.
- Overall, this device is easy to use thanks to the Easy Switch control panel. There is an automatic reverse mode and the Energy Saving Mode will kick in after an hour of non-use.
- The 3804 is durable and is made out of high-quality materials such as hardened steel. You will definitely be able to get a lot of use out of this device. The cutting shafts are covered by a lifetime warranty.
- This shredder's main weakness is its size. The machine will take up a lot of room due to the 44-gallon waste bin. The device's dimensions are 23.25" (depth) x 25.25" (width) x 38.25" (height), so make sure you have enough room for it. There are casters on the bottom of the shredder so you can move it around when necessary.
- Although this shredder offers a lot of security, there are level 5 and 6 machines that are even more secure. You might want to consider using one of those machines if security is your highest priority.
As you can tell from reading about the MBM DestroyIt 3804's strengths and weaknesses, this is a terrific shredder that's a great choice if security is important to you. This device can help you protect your private information and it has a lot of features that make it user-friendly. You will just want to make sure that you have enough room for it. If you do, check out the 3804 today.