- High powered 3 phase motor rated for continuous operation
- Fully enclosed, dust-proof gearbox housing
- Large shred compartment with easy-access door located in back of machine
- Pull-out bag frame mechanism mounted on rollers for easy replacement of disposable shred bags
- 79 gallon bin capacity
- Automatic stop when shred bag is full or when cabinet door is opened
- Thermal switch prevents overheating
- Mounted on heavy duty casters
- Strip width: 3/8"
- Sheet capacity: 105-125
- Shred speed: 60 ft./min.
- Security level: P-2 (Old Level 2)
- Feed opening: 16"
- Maximum horsepower: 10
- Motor output: 4 KW
- Electrical requirements: 220 V, 3 phase
- Dimensions (D x W x H): 67" x 48 3/4" x 56 3/4"
- Weight: 952 lbs.
MBM Destroyit 4107 Strip-Cut Shredder Paper Shredder Review
Paper shredders are more popular than ever and there are plenty of them on the market. They range in size from small devices that are perfect for personal use to larger machines that are best for heavy-duty shredding. One of the latter is the MBM DestroyIt 4107. Take a look at its strengths and weaknesses to determine if it's right for your needs:
- The 4107 is definitely worth your consideration if you want a machine with a high shredding capacity. This device can shred up to 125 sheets per pass so you will be able to get rid of your documents in a flash. In fact, the machine can shred up to 60 feet of material per minute, so it's pretty speedy.
- This device has a 16-inch feed opening so you can shred paper of varying sizes without any trouble. That machine can also handle items such as hardbound documents, VHS tapes, and CD's. The cutting blades are made out of durable steel so you don't need to worry about them becoming dull.
- The 4107 is a great machine for shared use since it can run non-stop and it has a thermally protected 10-horsepower motor. The waste bin can hold up to 79 gallons of shreds so you will be able to shred a lot of material before needing to empty it. When it's time to empty the bin, you can open the machine's cabinet, just pull out the bin, tie off the bag, and recycle your shreds. It doesn't get much easier than that.
- This shredder has a couple of different safety features. First, there is a lock and key you can use the disable it and prevent unauthorized use. Plus, the machine will stop running when the waste bin gets full and it will stay idle when you're getting rid of your shreds. Overall, this is a pretty safe shredder to use.
- Although the 4107 looks like it would be difficult to use, it's actually quite user-friendly. All of the controls are right up front and there's an automatic reverse mode to help you deal with paper jams. There's even an automatic oiler for easy maintenance.
- Finally, this machine's cutters are backed by a lifetime warranty.
- The 4107 is a strip-cut shredder and it only has a level 2 security rating. When you shred something, it will be turned into strips that are 3/8" wide. Thus, this isn't the best shredder to use for getting rid of extremely confidential materials.
- It shouldn't come as a surprise that this is an extremely large machine. The approximate dimensions are 67" (depth) x 49" (width) x 57" (height) so you will need a lot of room for it. This machine is really meant for mail rooms and other centralized locations rather than general office space. Also, this device is really heavy, weighing in at 952 pounds. You will definitely need assistance when moving it and setting it up.
The MBM DestroyIt 4107 is a great choice if you need a large strip-cut shredder for heavy-duty use. If that's the case, take a look at it today so you can start shredding.