- Fully enclosed, dust-proof gearbox housing
- Cabinet door opens from front
- Mobile shred bin for easy repacment of disposable shred bags
- 61gallon bin capacity
- Automatic stop when hopper or cabinet door is opened or when shred bag is full
- Thermal switch prevents overheating
- Small footprint
- Mounted on heavy duty casters
- Particle size: 3/32" x 5/8"
- Sheet capacity: 32-37
- Shred speed: 40 ft./min.
- Security level: P-5 (Old Level 4)
- Feed opening: 18"
- Maximum horsepower: 7 1/3
- Motor output: 2.2 KW
- Electrical requirements: 220 V, 3 phase
- Dimensions (D x W x H): 30" x 29" x 67"
- Weight: 715 lbs.
MBM Destroyit 4605 Micro-Cut Shredder Review
Does your office need a heavy-duty paper shredder that has a good security rating among other great features? If so, the MBM DestroyIt 4605 just might be the right shredder for your needs. Check out its strengths and weaknesses:
- The 4605 can shred up to 37 sheets at a time, which is more or less equivalent to a shredding speed of 40 feet per minute. The machine can handle items that are up to 18" wide, so you won't have any trouble shredding wide-format paper.
- This micro-cut shredder offers level 4 security. This is a terrific machine to use if you need to protect company financial information, Social Security numbers, and other private data. The paper will be reduced to shreds measuring 3/32" x 5/8" when you use this device.
- The 4605 has a unique top-feeding hopper as opposed to a traditional feed opening. The great thing about the hopper is that you will be able to toss crumpled paper and hardcover documents into it, which makes shredding a snap. You can also use this device to shred CD's and DVD's which is nice and convenient.
- This shredder has a thermally protected motor that can run continuously without overheating. The waste bin can hold up to 61 gallons of shreds, making this shredder perfect for heavy-duty, frequent use. When the bin gets full, you can just roll it out of the machine's cabinet. The device will stop automatically when the bin gets full or when the cabinet door is open. This helps keep you safe.
- The 4605 can start shredding immediately, so it won't take long for you to get rid of your documents. And if you ever experience a paper jam, the device's automatic reverse mode will kick in right away. Finally, the machine has an emergency stop button you can use if things get out of hand.
- Although the 4605 is heavy (it weighs 715 pounds), there are casters on the bottom of it, so it's not impossible to move. However, you will still want to select a good spot for it so you won't need to move it around constantly.
- Finally, this shredder is very durable and it comes with a lifetime warranty.
- It shouldn't come as a surprise that this device is pretty big. Its dimensions are 30" (depth) x 29" (width) x 67" (height), so this isn't the best machine for a very small work environment.
- If you shred paper and plastic items together, your shreds will be mixed. This can make recycling difficult. You should contact your local recycling facility to determine if the mixed shreds can be recycled together.
The MBM DestroyIt 4605 is a terrific micro-cut paper shredder and it's definitely recommended if you need a machine that can withstand heavy-duty use. This device offers both a lot of security and a high shredding capacity, which makes it stand out. Plus, you can use this device to shred some multimedia items which is great. Just be prepared to make room for this device and you will be good to go. Happy shredding!