- Extended Single Punching Length: Punch any size paper with the open throat and disengageable pin design
- Super Strength Punch Mechanism: Cast-hardened & heat-treated precision steel punch pins provide superior strength & hardness.
- SERVOGROVE Roller Binding System: Resulting in a dramatic 50% increase in binding speed and is easier to control for the user.
- Fully Disengageable Pins: No more partial punches on any size of project.
- J-Shaped Book Pre-former Guide: Properly form thick books to the proper radius of the coil, and is much more effecient and accurate than the typical U-shaped guides.
- Side Margin Control: Allows you to evenly center your punch pattern on your sheet.
- Punching Margin Control: Provides the correct punch depth for each coil size, which maximizes the book's tear resistance.
- Rugged Die-Cast Metal Construction: The Coil Ultimate M is made of a sturdy multiple piece die cast metal rather than flexible sheet metal like some other machines in its class.
- Large Waste Drawer: For prolonged working.
- Non-Skid Feet: For increased stability while working.
- Included Oval Hole Coil Crimpers
- Punching Style: Coil
- Punch/Bind Method: Manual & Electric
- Hole Pattern: True 4:1 pitch; Double "D" 4mm x 5mm hole
- Punch Capacity: 1-25 Sheets (20 lbs.)
- Binding Capacity: Electric binding up to 7/8", any size for manual
- Punch Length: Any length through fully disengageable pins and open throat design
- Power Supply: 110v; 60Hz
- Weight: 36
- Dimensions: 21" x 19" x 14"
- Warranty: 1 Year Limited Manufacturer
- List Price: $1599
DFG Coil Ultimate M Coil Binding Machine Review
There are few document finishing methods that are better than coil binding. This type of binding can make your documents look very professional which is a must in today's competitive business world. It's also ideal for both long and short documents, and it can be easy to do depending on what equipment you have. One of the newest coil binding machines available is the Coil Ultimate M from DFG. This product is a real workhorse and should definitely be considered if you need new bookbinding equipment. Here's what you need to know about it....
The Ultimate M has one of the best punching capacities you'll ever come across. It can punch up to 25 sheets of paper at a time, so you'll be able to get your documents prepared for binding quickly. The punching mechanism is made from steel so it's incredibly durable.
This machine is compatible with all sizes of color coils so you can create books that contain as many as 440 pages. Coils come in a lot of terrific colors - including some less than staid hues like fluorescent pink - so there's going to be one that perfectly complements your document.
The Ultimate M has disengageable dies and an open punching throat so you can punch and bind documents of varying sizes. So if you've ever wanted to create books that were, say, half-letter and legal-sized, this would be the perfect machine to get. (You can also use 8.5" x 11" paper with this device, obviously.)
You can bind your documents manually or you can use this machine's electric coil inserter which is known as the SERVOGROVE roller binding system. The electric inserter will only work with coils up to 7/8" thick but it does so quickly and efficiently. If your documents are thicker than 7/8", you can bind them manually.
One thing that could be annoying about this machine is that the handle is located on the right side. That will make it difficult for left-handed users to get their punching and binding done. (Unless they happen to be ambidextrous.)
This might not be a great device to get if your workspace is rather limited. The machine measures 21" (width) x 19" (depth) x 14" (height) so it's going to take up a fair amount of room. The device is made entirely out of metal, so it's a bit heavy. Be careful when moving it.
A free pair of crimping pliers accompanies this device. This will help you save some money considering these pliers typically cost around $30.00.
Finally, the Ultimate M has a limited warranty that lasts for one year.
The DFG Coil Ultimate M is a top-notch machine overall despite its couple of flaws, such as the location of the panel. This is one of the most durable coil binders you can buy, so it's a fantastic choice if you want a machine you can use for years. The punching capacity is terrific and it's great that the device features the SERVOGROVE system. Do check out the Ultimate M if you're into coil binding. You're going to be impressed by it.