Sorry, but FastBack P21x FoilFast Foil Printer is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Your Price: $1,995.00
Your Price: $995.00
Your Price: $4,295.00
Your Price: $8,995.00
- Machine Dimensions: 7.5"W x 7.5"H x 11.8"D (19cmW x 19cmH x 30cmD)
- Maximum weight: 12 lbs (5.4 kg)
- Average Printing Time: 1.5 Minutes
- USA: 115VAC, 60 Hz, 6.5 amps
- Approved by UL, CUL, JET, CE, FCC Class B, VCCI.
- Computer Interface: Direct Connection: Parallel Printer Port, Driver
- Software: Windows? 95/98,2000, XP required 20MB Hard Disk Space required
- Macintosh Users: Contact Powis Technical Support for driver availability and set-up assistance
- Warranty: 6 Month Manufacturer Warranty
Powis Parker Fastback P21x FoilFast Printer Review
Foil-stamping is a great way to give your documents that little something extra. In the past, foil-stamping was an expensive endeavor, but it’s not anymore thanks to the Fastback P21x FoilFast Printer from Powis Parker. Here’s a short review of it so you can decide if it’s right for your needs.
- The P21x is a great alternative to traditional foil-stamping machines which can be quite expensive due to the need for customized dies. This machine can hook right up to your computer and is compatible with a number of different programs, such as Photoshop. You can design your cover on your computer and when you’re done, print it out with the P21x so your document can have an eye-catching cover. Plus, the P21x works incredibly fast. It’s capable of finishing a printing job in just 1.5 minutes.
- This printer utilizes Fastback FoilBack cartridges. These cartridges come in seven different colors: black, white, gold, blue, red, silver, and green. All of the colors are metallic. The cartridges drop right in and are interchangeable for your convenience.
- The P21x prints things out at a 600dpi resolution. This should be a high enough resolution for you to get high-quality results. You can print on Powis Parker poly covers as well as Fastback composition covers. Composition colors come in a handful of different colors (blue, gray, maroon, etc.) and are compatible with comp strip binding supplies.
- One of the things to keep in mind about this device is that it can only print covers. It can’t print on any of the Fastback binding strips that are available.
- This machine is compatible with the following operating systems: Mac OS X, and Windows XP (Service Pack 2 or later) and 2000 (Service Pack 4 or later). (It may also be compatible with earlier Windows operating systems such as 95 and 98 if your machine still runs one of those.) It can connect to your computer via a USB port or parallel printer port.
- One of the great things about the P21x is that it has a really small footprint. It measures 7.5” (weight) x 7.5” (height) x 11.8” (depth), so it’s about the size of an ink-jet printer. It will easily fit on your desktop and still leave you room in which to work. Also, this device looks very contemporary and it has attractive purple and gray styling.
- One of this machine’s weaknesses is its warranty. It only provides 6 months’ worth of coverage.
The Powis Parker Fastback P21x is a nice device to have around if you own other Fastback equipment. It will give you the ability to create attractive covers that feature foil-stamping. This machine works quickly, is compatible with numerous operating systems, and there are a great selection of ink colors available. The small size makes this device very appealing and promotes use in both the office and at home. While it would be nice if this machine could print on items aside from covers, it nonetheless is worth some consideration, especially if you’re a Fastback aficionado. If you are, be sure to take a look at this device today.