- Effortless electric operation - just push the button to punch!
- Punches up to 25 sheets at a time with a minimum of effort.
- Binds up to 500 sheets with a 2" comb.
- Removable binding mechanism can be used separately for increased productivity.
- Releasable dies for different document sizes.
- Loads vertically for accurate punch alignment.
- Enhanced accuracy edge guide for pinpoint punch alignment.
- Front access tray for easy, mess-free waste disposal.
- Includes comb storage tray, document measurement tool, and binding starter pack (contents: 20 pk assorted kit).
Like the entire line of Fellowes plastic comb binding machines, this machine offers a contemporary ergonomic design. The Galaxy E folds closed when not in use, allowing it to provide a neat and tidy appearance for your office. Buttons and knobs are intuitive, helpful, and right within reach. And it works well with A4, A5, letter, and cover size documents. Lift the lid and the rest of the features are in plain sight. A ... Read More
Like the entire line of Fellowes plastic comb binding machines, this machine offers a contemporary ergonomic design. The Galaxy E folds closed when not in use, allowing it to provide a neat and tidy appearance for your office. Buttons and knobs are intuitive, helpful, and right within reach. And it works well with A4, A5, letter, and cover size documents. Lift the lid and the rest of the features are in plain sight. A great selling feature of the Galaxy E is the removable binding tray. This allows two people to work on the same set of projects simultaneously, one to punch and one to bind.
The E of Galaxy E is electric, and this is a great selling point. Using standard 20lb paper weight, this machine can punch 25 sheets at a time. This really can allow you to get through larger projects in a hurry.
On comb selection, the Galaxy E has a built-in comb selection guide. Right in the front of the machine is a comb storage tray. Built into that are cut outs in which you can measure the size comb you need. You simply slide your entire project into the holes to see which size comb best fits your project. The comb opener mechanism is easy to use and fluid. There's a punch guide along the front which allows you to assure you're punching things consistently, as well as the side margin control knob. And for added convenience, there are step-by-step directions on how to punch and bind a book printed on the inside of the lid.
In terms of weaknesses, there are a couple. Although the Galaxy E has a great punching capacity and an electric punch, it is not an industrial grade machine. It is designed for the office environment. Users who need a production quality machine should consider a much larger, all metal machine with industrial-grade punching pins. The Galaxy E is limited in its ability to punch custom length documents and legal size sheets. And finally, the side margin control dial is workable, but flimsy. It takes a few trial and errors to get it down.
Overall, we love the Fellowes Galaxy E 500 machine. And for under 500 dollars, this would be a great bet if it fits your environment. For more demos and reviews of this product and many more, check out MyBinding.com.
- Item Number: 5218301
- Model Number: GALAXY E COMB
- Color: Gray
- Material Type: Plastic/Metal
- Qty Per Pack: 1
- Item H x W x D (inches): 6.50 x 19.63 x 17.75
- Application: Large Office
- Usage: Frequent
- Ready Light/Binding Light: N/A
- Vertical Punching: Yes
- Binding Type: Plastic Comb
- Three-hole Punch: No
- Binding Element Selector: Yes
- Punching Type: Electric
- Punching Capacity: Capacity of 25 Sheets
- Binding Capacity: 500
- Beep at the End of Binding Cycle: N/A
- Auto Shutoff: N/A
- Removable Binding System: Yes
- Warranty: 2 Yr
Fellowes Galaxy-E Electric Comb Binding Machine Review
The Fellowes Galaxy-E is the largest electric binding machine offered by Fellowes. It is designed for frequent use in medium and large sized offices. This machine offers an ergonomic design that is intended to blend in with other equipment inside of your office. It is the electric version of the Fellowes Galaxy manual plastic comb binding machine and it includes a high quality button activated electric punch and a heavy duty modular plastic comb opener. Here are some of the strengths and weaknesses of the Fellowes Galaxy-E comb binding machine.
Strengths / Features:
- The Galaxy-E offers an electric punch that can punch up to twenty five sheets of 20# paper at a time. The electric punching mechanism is activated by a push button control on the right side of the machine and is exceptionally easy to use. With a punching capacity of 25 sheets, this machine is comparable to far more expensive electric binding punches on the market.
- Like the entire line of Fellowes plastic comb binding machines, this machine offers a contemporary ergonomic design. the Galaxy-E folds closed when it is not in use. This allows it to provide a neat and tidy appearance for your office. Most other electric plastic comb binding machines on the market have an industrial look that tends to stick out in a contemporary office environment.
- The comb opening device included on this machine is removable. This means that you can use the comb opener while it is attached to the machine or it can be removed and used by a second operator to help increase productivity. One user can punch documents while another uses the comb opener to insert the pages onto the combs.
- This machine has a storage tray that slides out of the right hand side of the machine. The storage tray provides a document sizing guide that allows users to select the correct size of spine for their documents.
Weaknesses / Limitations:
- Although the Galaxy E has a great punching capacity and an electric punch it is not an industrial grade machine. This machine is designed for use within an office environment. Users who need a production quality machine should consider a larger all metal machine such as the GBC CombBind C800pro, Akiles CombMac 24E or DFG E Titan Comb. The larger alternatives offer metal construction, foot pedal operation and industrial grade punching pins.
- This machine is limited in its ability to punch custom length documents and legal sized sheets. Users who need to bind document sizes other than half letter size, letter size or A4 size should really consider a machine with fully disengageable punching pins.
- Although the storage tray on the Galaxy-E seems like it should be incredibly useful, it is actually too small to be useful. Most users will find that the storage tray is only large enough to hold a handful of combs. Considering the capacity of this machine, it would probably have been better for Fellowes to simply leave this feature off when they designed this machine.
- The Fellowes Galaxy E electric comb binding machine is an excellent choice for organizations that are looking for a high quality electric comb binding machine for their office.
- This machine has a selling price of around $500 and includes a competitive set of features that make it an appealing choice in its class.
- Extremely large offices, print shops, mail rooms and schools who do a lot of binding will probably find that this machine is too small for their needs. Instead, they should really consider a heavy duty, all metal, commercial grade comb binding machine. However, these machines come with a pricetag starting at about $1400 and are obviously a big step up in terms of cost.
- Still, this is one of our favorite electric desktop comb binding machines for the money and is definitely a good choice for many users.
This review was written by Jeff McRitchie who is the director of marketing for Mybinding.com. Jeff has written more than three hundred articles and more than two hundred reviews on Binding Machines, Binding Supplies, Report Covers, 3-Ring Binders, Index Tabs, Laminators, Laminating Supplies, Paper Shredders and Paper Handling Equipment.