- Ideal for medium duty thermal binding projects or desktop use
- Binds up to 300 sheets in one step
- 1-3 minute thermal binding cycle with 4-minute heat-up time
- HeatShield safety barrier prevents accidental contact with the heating plate
- Manual document measure and LED control panel ensure ease of use
- Audio/visual indicators signal when machine is ready for thermal binding or job is complete
- Auto shut-off safety feature prevents overheating.
- Folds flat for storage; for use with thermal binding covers only
The ready light will sound and go from red to green when the machine is warmed up in just under four minutes. With this machine, you use pre-made thermal binding covers with the adhesive built right into the spine. Simply place your project, no punching required, right into the cover, tamp it down so that it's nic... Read More
"Welcome to MyBinding video. Let's have a look at the Helios 30, a thermal binding system by Fellowes. In 2010, Fellowes developed small, effective, and easy to use thermal binding systems called the Helios. The Helios 30 is the smallest one. Let's watch it in action step-by-step. The ready light will sound and go from red to green when the machine is warmed up in just under four minutes. With this machine, you use pre-made thermal binding covers with the adhesive built right into the spine. Simply place your project, no punching required, right into the cover, tamp it down so that it's nice and even and you have great margins all around. Slide back the heat shield safety barrier and place your project spine down on the heating element. Before that, however, you need to set your settings for your size book. Simply slide the book into the slot here to see the size, compare it with the chart, and you can make your selection. It's all numbers, it's very simple. And the chart will give you an idea of how many pages and how long it will take. The Helios 30 will beep when it's all finished. You can remove your project and place it in the cooling rack. You'll want to leave your book there for a good three to five minutes to cool completely. And it's wise just before you do that to tamp it down one more time to make sure all the papers are down into the spine completely and in the adhesive. And while cooling, you can continue to make other books, even multiples at the same time. And the cooling rack is adjustable enough to handle multiple books as well. And that's it. That's the Helios 30 and how to bind a book. For more demos, how to's, and reviews of this product and many more, check out MyBinding.com."
- Binding Capacity: 300 sheets
- Heat-up Time: 4 minute
- Binding Cycle: Fixed 30 second intervals
- Auto Shutoff: Yes
- Colors: Charcoal Metallic and Silver
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 3.94" x 20.88" x 9.44"
- Part Number: 5219301
- List Price: $149.95
- UPC Code: 043859566457
- Warranty: 2 Year Manufacturer Warranty
Fellowes Helios 30 Thermal Binding Machine Review
Thermal binding is one of the best ways to give your documents a totally professional look. This document finishing method can also be quick and easy if you have a device such as the Fellowes Helios 30. Here’s all the details about this machine so you can decide if it’s right for you.
• The Helios 30 warms up quickly. After switching it on, you’ll be able to use it in just 4 minutes and a light will go on indicating you can go ahead.
• This machine has a terrific binding capacity. It’s capable of binding a 300-page document in just one step. If you have multiple documents, you can bind them all at once so long as the total page count isn’t higher than 300. You’ll need to use thermal binding covers with the Helios 30, so make sure you have a good supply of them on hand.
• The binding cycle lasts only 1 to 3 minutes depending on the thickness of your document(s). There will be a beep emitted when your book is done.
• It’s possible to burn yourself when using a thermal binder, but Fellowes wants to make sure that doesn’t happen. Therefore, they installed a HeatShield barrier in this device so your hands will stay far away from the heating element.
• Using the Helios 30 is very easy. You control the device through an LED control panel so you can see exactly what you’re doing. There’s a manual document measurer so you can see just how thick your document is and choose the appropriate settings.
• This machine has the ability to shut off automatically which will prevent the motor from overheating while alson saving electricity.
• The Helios 30 will easily fit on a desktop because it only measures 3.94″ (height) x 20.88″ (width) x 9.44″ (depth). It also looks great thanks to its contemporary silver and charcoal styling. When you’re not using the machine, you can fold it up so it’s easier to store.
• This device is reasonably priced and will cost you less than $150.00. It comes with a two-year warranty.
So, should you buy it?
In short, yes, you should buy the Fellowes Helios 30 if you need a thermal binding device. This is one of the better ones currently available and it’s a relatively new product to boot. The Helios 30 offers remarkably short warm-up and binding times, so you’ll be able to complete your document finishing in very little time. The 300-page binding capacity is great because it will allow you to put together lengthy books as well as bind a bunch of smaller ones at the same time. You’ll also be safe when using this device thanks to the inclusion of the HeatShield barrier and the motor will last a long time because the automatic shut-off feature will prevent it from overheating. Finally, the Helios 30’s price and warranty can’t be beat, making this one of the best choices if you’re in the market for a thermal binder and the professional results it can give you. Get yours today!