- Sheet Capacity: 10
- Shred Speed (FPM): 24
- Cut Type: High Security
- Cut Size: 1/32" x 3/16"
- Security Level:P-7
- Maximum Run Time (Minutes): Continuous
- Paper Entry Width: 12"
- Can Shred: Paper only
- Oil Technology: Auto-Oil
- Safety Features: Safety Lock
- Basket Capacity (gallons): 44
- Auto Start/Stop: Yes - Electronic
- Color: Black/Gray
- Warranty(machine/cutter): 1 year Full warranty
- Suggested Price: $11,799.00
- Part Number: 3306601
- UPC Code: 043859606665
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 40" x 21.75" x 23.5"
- Weight: 242
Fellowes HS-1010 Government-Approved High-Security Shredder Review
Many businesses and organizations are finding it necessary to use paper shredders these days due to privacy concerns. There are plenty of shredders available including some the offer an exceptional amount of security. One of them is the Fellowes HS-1010, a machine that's suitable for busy offices. Check out its strengths and weaknesses to determine if it's the right shredder for your workplace:
- If you need a machine that offers a long of security, the HS-1010 just might be the machine for you. This device has the highest possible security rating (Level P-7) and it is approved for use by the National Security Agency. The machine produces shreds that measure just 1/32" x 3/16", so you can be confident your information is secure.
- This is a great shredder to use for both large and small documents. The feed opening is 10" wide so it can accommodate bills, invoices, employee files, wide-format printer paper, and more.
- This machine has a shredding capacity of 10 sheets per pass, which is quite good for a high-security shredder. The machine has the ability to start shredding when you place paper in the feed opening, which is convenient.
- The HS-1010 has a continuous-duty motor and a 3-gallon waste bin, so it's perfect for busy offices. When the bin gets full, just open up the cabinet and toss your shreds.
- Maintaining this shredder is easy because it is equipped with an automatic oiler. Just keep the oiler filled with shredder oil and maintenance will be a non-issue. Also, this device has a safety interlock switch which prevents unauthorized people from using the machine.
- Finally, the HS-1010 comes with a 1-year warranty for your convenience and peace of mind.
- If you need to shred non-paper items such as CD's, credit cards, and floppy disks, you will need an additional machine. The HS-1010 can only handle paper, unfortunately. Luckily, there are plenty of multimedia shredders on the market.
- As you might expect, the HS-1010 is extremely large due to its 30-gallon waste bin. The machine's approximate dimensions are 40" (height) x 22" (width) x 24" (depth). It's a good idea to measure your work area beforehand to ensure this machine will fit into it.
- This machine doesn't have any other safety features apart from the interlock switch. Thus, it's extremely important to exercise caution when you use this device. (Or any other paper shredder, for that matter.)
Overall, the Fellowes HS-1010 is a solid paper shredder that's a great choice for businesses and organizations needing a high-security machine. You can shred your most confidential documents with this device and be sure that the information contained in them will stay private. Maintaining this shredder is easy thanks to the automatic oiler and the continuous-duty motor makes non-stop shredding easy. The HS-1010 does have a few weaknesses but if they don't bother you, you'll love this machine. Check it out today so you can securely shred your documents.