- Application: Large Office
- Usage: Frequent
- Binding Type: Plastic Comb
- Manual or Electric Punching: Electric
- Binding Capacity: 500 sheets
- Punching Capacity: 30 sheets
- Ready Light/Binding Light: No
- Auto Shutoff: N/A
- Releasable Dies: Yes
- Adjustable Margin Depth: Yes
- Color: Gray
- Item H x W x D (inches): 9.75 x 15.75 x 19.75
- Three-hole Punch: No
- Removable Binding System: No
- Part Number: 5643201
- UPC Code: 043859620135
- Suggested Price: $1,999.95
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
Welcome to MyBinding video. Today we look at the Orion E 500, an electric comb binding system by Fellowes. It's quick, easy, and designed to last for a long time. Let's watch the Orion E 500 in action.
With scrap paper, set the side margin control knob and give it a punch. If the margins are off or you have half punched holes, reset the side margin control knob and pull out any of the die pins that you might need. Depending upon the thickness of your document, you may want to adjust the depth of margin. This knob is on the right hand side and you can have thinner or thicker margins. A thicker margin is better for larger documents. With all your settings in place, let's begin with the covers and continue to process through all the pages of your document. The Orion E 500 can handle up to 30 sheets of 20lb paper per punch.
When you're all punched, gather your book together. It's time to bind. You can measure the thickness of your book and use the graph at the top of the machine to help you decide what size is the best comb for your project. Set your plastic comb on the opener on the top. Make sure the teeth are faced up and your project faces down. That way the book does not come apart in use. Use the lever arm on the left hand side to open the teeth of the comb and thread the teeth through all the holes in the book. All the way down, close the comb, and you're all set.
And that's it. That's the Orion E 500 by Fellowes. For more demos, reviews, and how tos on this product and many more, check out MyBinding.com.
Fellowes Orion E 500 Electric Comb Binding Machine Review
If you are in the market for a new comb binding machine, you will be glad to know that there are plenty of good devices available. One of them is the Fellowes Orion E 500, an extremely durable machine that is ideal for frequent use. This device has some terrific special features (see below) and it just may be the right machine for your workplace. Take a look at this device's strengths and weaknesses:
- The Orion E 500 has an electric punching mechanism that can handle up to 30 sheets at once. This is a decent punching capacity and it will be especially helpful when preparing short and medium-length documents. The machine comes with a foot pedal so you can keep your hands free when punching.
- This machine will work with combs of varying diameters so your work can be up to 500 pages long. The device has disengageable dies and a 12-inch punching throat, so you can use different sizes of paper.
- The Orion E 500 has an adjustable margin depth control. This feature allows you to control how far in the holes are punched so you can create documents that are both securely bound and easy to read.
- If you don't have a lot of free space in your work area, the Orion E 500 is a great choice. Its approximate dimensions are 10" (height) x 16" (width) x 20" (depth) so it really doesn't take up very much room.
- This is one of the most durable comb binding machines on the market since it features all-metal construction. The machine is perfect for heavy-duty use and you should be able to crank out a lot of books over the years.
- Finally, the Orion E 500 comes with a 1-year warranty for your convenience and peace of mind.
- While the Orion E 500 can punch up to 30 sheets at a time, it will still take you a while to prepare very long documents. You might want to punch your paper ahead of time and keep some on-hand so you can pop it in your printer when you need to assemble your document.
- Since this machine has a 12-inch punching throat, it will be tricky to bind extremely large documents. If you want to use legal-sized paper, you should consider binding it on the 8.5" side.
Overall, the Fellowes Orion E 500 is a welcome addition to the company's stellar lineup of binding machines. This machine has a first-rate punching capacity, it will bind documents containing up to 500 pages, and it even comes with a foot pedal for hands-free operation. One of the best things about this device is how durable it is. It's definitely a device you can expect to get a lot of use out of. While you will want to keep this machine's weaknesses in mind, overall, you will find that it's a solid comb binding device that can help you produce professional-looking documents. Check out the Orion E 500 today.