- Patented Safety Lock disables shredder for added safety protection
- Easy-empty handle makes waste disposal hassle-free
- Ideal for personal deskside use in a home or office setting.
Welcome to MyBinding video. This is the PowerShred P35C, a deskside cross-cut paper shredder at a level three security by Fellowes. The power button in the back and the unlock right here. Toggle the switch over to the right for auto-forward and it senses the paper and brings it right through. The P35C's width entry is eight and three-quarters inches, so anything that size or smaller can go in nicely. It's great for cards and credit cards, there's a specific slot right in front. Cross-cut shredders have a tendency to have a smaller shred capacity; this one has five sheets of 20lb paper per shred. Should you have a paper jam, the main toggle switch on the front switches to the left and reverses the motors. It's a great little shredder with a wide range of applications and with a security level three cross-cut shredding, this one rises above. That's the Fellowes PowerShred P35C. For more demos, reviews, and how-tos on this product and many more, check out MyBinding.com.
- Sheet Capacity: 5
- Shred Speed (FPM): 6.5
- Cut Type: Cross Cut
- Cut Size: 5/32" x 1-9/16"
- Security Level: 3
- Maximum Run Time (Minutes): 2 on / 20 off
- Paper Entry Width: 8
Fellowes P-35C Shredder Review
- Since identity theft has become such a problem, more and more people are getting paper shredders for personal use at home. If you don't already have one, you should consider getting a machine like the Fellowes P-35C. Check out its strengths and weaknesses:
- The P-35C can shred up to 5 sheets of paper at a time. The machine's cutting mechanism is durable and can destroy a couple of non-paper items: staples and credit cards.
- This shredder's waste basket can hold 3 gallons of debris so it doesn't need to be emptied very often. When the bin gets full, you can lift off the head of the shredder for easy disposal.
- This device has a 8.75-inch feed opening so you can easily shred letter- and legal-sized documents. (Smaller documents can also be shredded, obviously.)
- For a small paper shredder, the P-35C offers a terrific amount of security. It's a cross-cut model which can turn paper (or a credit card) into pieces that measure just 5/32" x 1-9/16". Since the pieces are so small, you'll be able to protect your Social Security number, contact details, and other private information.
- The P-35C has the ability to run continuously for up to 2 minutes. The motor is thermally protected so it's unlikely to overheat even if you're shredding a lot of documents. When you're not using the shredder, you can engage its safety lock to prevent unauthorized use.
- This is a very compact shredder with dimensions of 14" (height) x 13" (width) x 8" (depth). It's small enough to fit under a desk so it will be out of the way when you're not using it. Also, the machine has black and blue styling so it will look good wherever you put it.
- Finally, this device's cutters are covered by a 3-year warranty.
- Since the P-35C can only shred 8 sheets at a time, it's not a good choice for heavy-duty use. Also, you can't shred CD's and such with it. If you need a device that can do so, a multimedia shredder would be a good choice.
- This machine can shred continuously for 2 minutes but it then needs 20 minutes to cool off. This might be frustrating when you want or need to shred a large stack of paper.
- Although the P-35C has a safety lock, it's not equipped with Fellowes' SafeSense technology. Due to this, you should exercise extra caution when shredding your documents.
- Overall, we recommend the Fellowes P-35C to anyone who's looking for a cross-cut shredder for personal use. While the machine has a couple of weaknesses (such as the lengthy cooling off time), they shouldn't be a problem if you're going to be using this machine for personal, occasional shredding. Since the device has a good security rating, you'll be able to protect your private information which will help you protect your identity. Be sure to check out the Fellowes P-35C if it sounds like the cross-cut shredder that will best fit your needs.