Sorry, but Fellowes Powershred 2127S Strip Cut Paper Shredder is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Your Price: $292.63
You Save: 35%
Your Price: $427.92
You Save: 39%
Your Price: $314.73
You Save: 47%
Your Price: $755.16
- Safety Protection System features electronically controlled, transparent safety shield in paper entry for safe use.
- Energy saving mode after 1 hour of inactivity.
- Continuous duty motor for non-stop shredding.
- Ideal for 3-5 users in an office setting.
- Easily shreds CDs/DVDs, Credit Cards, Paper Clips, and Staples.
- Sheet Capacity: 19-21
- Cut Type: Strip Cut
- Cut Size: 3/16" (4mm)
- Security Level: 2
- Speed (FPM): 19.7
- Duty Cycle (minutes): Continuous
- Paper Entry Width: 10.25"
- Can Shred: Staples, Credit Cards, Paper Clips, CDs/DVDs
- Jam Prevention: No
- Oil Technology: None
Fellowes Powershred 2127S Strip-Cut Paper Shredder Review
Are you looking for a commercial-grade paper shredder for everyday office use? If so, the Fellowes Powershred 2127S might be the machine that's right for you. Check out its strengths and weaknesses:
- The 2127S can shred up to 21 sheets at a time. This is an excellent shredding capacity and it will enable you to quickly shred your documents. The machine can also shred credit cards, CD's, and DVD's so you'll have an additional layer of security.
- This shredder has a 10.25-inch feed opening so you'll be able to shred larger documents without any problem. The machine can tear up paper clips and staples, so you don't need to remove them before shredding.
- The 2127S is a strip-cut shredder and it will turn your documents in shreds that are just 3/16" wide. The machine has a continuous-duty motor so you will be able to shred non-stop when necessary.
- Using this shredder is pretty safe because it has a safety protection system. This feature includes a transparent safety shield in the feed opening to help keep your hands away from the cutters. Also, the machine will shut down after it hasn't been used for an hour. This helps conserve power and it prevents the motor from overheating.
- This machine is a great choice for shared use in a busy office. The waste bin can hold up to 26 gallons of shreds so you and your colleagues can shred as much as you need to over the course of a workday.
- Finally, the 2127S comes with great warranty coverage. The cutters are covered for 30 years while the machine overall is covered for 2 years.
- Since the 2127S is a strip-cut shredder, it doesn't have the highest security rating. The highest available rating is Level 6 and this machine has a Level 2 rating. You'll want to consider this if you need to shred a lot of highly confidential material.
- This shredder only has one feed opening, so your paper and plastic shreds will be mixed together. Obviously, this makes recycling a bit difficult.
- Unlike a lot of other commercial-grade shredders, the 2127S lacks an automatic oiler. Thus, you will have to oil the machine manually on a regular basis.
- The 2127S is pretty large so it might not be a good choice if you don't have a lot of room in your workspace. This machine's approximate dimensions are 34" (height) x 20" (width) x 15" (depth). You might want to measure your work area to make sure this shredder will fit in it.
Overall, the Fellowes Powershred 2127S is a good choice if you're seeking a commercial-grade paper shredder for shared use. This machine has a lot of things going for it such as its terrific shredding capacity, the ability to shred CD's/DVD's and credit cards, and the safety shield in the feed opening. It would be nice if this device offered a bit more security and if it was equipped with an automatic oiler, but that shouldn't matter if you just need a basic, solid shredder. If that's the case, be sure to check out the 2127S.