- Auto Start/Stop: Yes - Electronic
- Continuous Run Time (minutes): 10 on / 20 off
- Color: Black/Silver
- Casters: Yes
- Basket Capacity (gallons): 5
- Can Shred: Paper, Credit Cards, Staples, Paper Clips
- Cut Size: 5/32 x 2"
- Cut Type: Cross-Cut
- Item Number: 3343301
- Item H x W x D (inches): 20" x 10" x 18.4"
- Jam Technology: Jam Blocker
- Oil Technology: N/A
- SilentShred: Yes
- Paper Entry Width: 9"
- Sheet Capacity: 9
- Speed (Feet Per Minute): 11
- Safety Features: Safe Sense Techonology
- UPC Code: 043859607563
- Warranty: 1 Year Machine, 5 Years on Cutting Cylinders
Fellowes Powershred 69Cb Cross-Cut Paper Shredder Review
Fellowes is known for making some of the best paper shredders on the market and they are kicking off the new year by putting out a bunch of new machines. One of them is the Powershred 69Cb, a powerful little cross-cut shredder. Check out this machine's many strengths (and its couple of weaknesses):
- The Powershred 69Cb will give you a lot of security because it's a cross-cut shredder. It produces shreds that measure 5/32" x 2" so you can be sure that your private information won't get out into the open. Also, the machine can shred credit cards so you will be able to dispose of them safely.
- This shredder can shred up to 9 sheets at a time and it can run continuously for up to 10 minutes. It will also start shredding automatically. Also, the machine's cutters can tear up staples and paper clips so you won't need to waste time removing them from your documents.
- The Powershred 69Cb has jam blocker technology that helps prevent paper jams. This feature helps ensure that you will rarely need to deal with a paper jam. Also, the machine has a SilentShred feature that allows you to shred without making a lot of noise and distracting the people around you.
- This machine is one of Fellowes' many devices featuring SafeSense technology. This feature can detect when your hands are too close to the feed opening. When this happens, the feature will disable the shredder so you can remove your hands and avoid injury.
- If you don't have a lot of space in your work area, you'll be glad to know that the Powershred 69Cb isn't very big. Its approximate dimensions are 20" (height) x 10" (width) x 18" (depth) so it can fit just about anywhere. There are casters on the bottom of it so you can move it around easily.
- This shredder has 5-gallon waste bin that pulls out for easy disposal. There is a window in the bin so you will be able to tell when it's time to empty it. Also, the machine has casters so moving it around is easy.
- Finally, the Powershred 69Cb's cutting cylinders are covered by a 5-year warranty. The device as a whole is covered for a year.
- Although this shredder can run continuously for up to 10 minutes, you will need to let it cool off for 20 minutes. This can be inconvenient when you have a lot of shredding to do.
- Despite this machine's ability to shred credit cards, it cannot shred CD's, DVD's, and floppy disks. You will need to have a multimedia shredder to get rid of those items.
The Fellowes Powershred 69Cb is a terrific cross-cut shredder that can be used at home or in a small office. As you can see, it has a number of strengths including its jam blocker, SafeSense technology, and the ability to shred quietly. Plus, it offers a good amount of security and it's pretty compact. Check out the Powershred 69Cb if it sounds like the right cross-cut shredder for you.