Sorry, but Fellowes Intellishred SB-99Ci Cross Cut Paper Shredder is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Your Price: $3,777.79
You Save: 50%
Your Price: $1,350.69
You Save: 50%
Your Price: $1,870.79
You Save: 51%
Your Price: $2,555.95
You Save: 49%
- Auto Start/Stop: Yes - Electronic
- Continuous Run Time (minutes): 20 on/40 off
- Color: BLACK/GRAY
- Casters: Yes
- Basket Capacity (gallons): 9
- Can Shred: CDs, junk mail, credit cards, staples and paper clips
- Cut Size: 5/32" x 1 1/2"
- Cut Type: Cross-Cut
- Item Number: 3229901
- Item H x W x D (inches): 25.1875" x 13.8125" x 17.75"
- Jam Technology: Jam Proof System
- Oil Technology: N/A
- Noise Level at Capacity (dB): 70
- Paper Entry Width: 9"
- Suggested Price: $449.98
- Sheet Capacity Selector: No
- Sheet Capacity: 17
- SCS Code: 50043859527798
- Safety Features: SafeSense®
- Speed (Feet Per Minute): 12
- Motor Reverse: Yes
- UPC Code: 043859527793
- Warranty: 2 Year Manufacturer, Lifetime on Cutting Cylinders
Fellowes IntelliShred SB-99Ci Paper Shredder Review
Every office needs a paper shredder and Fellowes has some great professional-grade models to choose from. One of these is the IntelliShred SB-99Ci, a multi-user unit that offers great security, terrific design, and a good shredding capacity. Here are the machine’s strengths and weaknesses.
- The SB-99Ci can shred up to 17 sheets of paper per pass, so it’s ideal for offices that need to shred as much as possible in one go. It can shred up to 12 feet of material in one minute.
- In addition to unwanted paper, this machine will get rid of staples, paper clips, credit cards, and CD’s and DVD’s. However, it cannot shred other types of electronic media.
- This machine offers a very good amount of document security because it’s a cross-cut device with a Level 3 security rating. It has the ability to turn a sheet of paper into countless particles that measure 5/32″ x 1-1/2″.
- The SB-99Ci is perfect for shared workspaces in which 3 or 4 people need to have access to it. This device has a 9-gallon waste compartment that won’t need to be emptied incessantly so you and your employees can keep right on shredding. You will be able to tell when the bin’s getting full thanks to a convenient window and then, when it’s time to empty it, you can pull the bin out like a drawer.
- This device was designed to not take up a lot of space despite having such a roomy waste compartment. The SB-99Ci is just under 14 inches wide so it can fit right beside a desk, file cabinet, or in between other office machines, such as a photocopier or printer. It’s even equipped with casters so it will be easy to move to your desired location.
- The SB-99Ci is a SafeSense device that will shut down immediately when a user’s hands are too close to the feed opening. This feature greatly reduces the chances of any injuries occurring.
- Each unit offers jam-free operation thanks to a visual indicator that will let you know if you’re shredding the right amount of paper or are trying to stuff too many sheets into the device. If you do end up overfeeding the machine, the motor is able to handle it accordingly so you won’t have to resolve a jam.
- There is a paper holder on one side of the machine so you can store your documents before feeding them into the device.
- Although this device can shred many sheets at a time, it cannot run continuously. After 20 minutes of use, the machine will need to cool off for 40 minutes, which is obviously twice the length of the running time. This is definitely a weakness.
- The SB-99Ci lacks a slot for non-paper waste. Also, as mentioned above, it can’t handle all types of electronic media.
Finally, the Fellowes IntelliShred SB-99Ci has a great warranty package. The company offers a 2-year service and product warranty and they will cover the cutting mechanism for life. Although this machine has a very long cooling off time, this is really a great product for shared workspaces that require a shredder with first-rate safety features and a good security rating.