Sorry, but Fellowes Powershred P70CM Cross Cut Paper Shredder is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Your Price: $598.50
You Save: 10%
Your Price: $116.76
You Save: 47%
Your Price: $517.45
You Save: 46%
Your Price: $97.80
You Save: 29%
- Auto Start/Stop: Yes - Mechanical
- Continuous Run Time (minutes): 2 on/ 4 off
- Color: METALLIC SILVER/BLACK MESH
- Casters: No
- Basket Capacity (gallons): 4.5
- Can Shred: Paper, Credit Cards, Staples
- Cut Size: 5/32 x 1 7/8"
- Cut Type: Cross-Cut
- Item Number: 34360
- Item H x W x D (inches): 15.25" x 12.75" x 7.4375"
- Jam Technology: None
- Oil Technology: N/A
- Noise Level at Capacity (dB): 70
- Paper Entry Width: 9"
- Suggested Price: $83.98
- Sheet Capacity Selector: No
- Sheet Capacity: 7
- SCS Code: 50077511343600
- Safety Features: Interlock Switch
- Speed (Feet Per Minute): 12
- Motor Reverse: Yes
- UPC Code: 077511343605
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer, 3 Years on Cutting Cylinders
Fellowes PowerShred P70CM Paper Shredder Review
If you’re like most people, you probably receive a lot of junk mail such as unsolicited credit card offers. You probably also have some personal documents that you need to get rid of safely so that an identity thief won’t be able to take off with your information. If that’s the case, you need a personal paper shredder for your home or office. One of the better ones on the market is the Fellowes PowerShred P70CM. This is a pretty basic shredder but it’s perfect for personal use. Continue reading to learn about this product’s strengths and limitations so you can decide if this is the shredder you need.
- The P70CM is a shredder that was designed to be small and be used by one person. However, it still has some great shredding capabilities. It can shred up to 7 sheets of paper at a time and it can also potentially shred 80 sheets in a minute. This machine can run continuously for 2 minutes before needing a short 4-minute break.
- This machine has a feed opening that’s 9 inches wide, so you’ll be able to shred both letter- and legal-sized paper without any trouble. The P70CM has blades that are strong enough to cut up staples, paper clips, and credit cards.
- Since this is a cross-cut device, you’ll have more peace of mind. Cross-cut shredders offer more security than strip-cut models because they turn your documents into smaller pieces. The P70CM has a Level 3 security rating and it will turn your document into countless bits of paper that measure 5/32″ x 1-7/8″, ensuring that your information won’t be viewable to the outside world.
- The P70CM looks great. It has black and silver styling that’s very modern-looking. The wastebasket is made out of metal mesh so you can see how full it’s getting. (The basket can hold up to 4.5 gallons of shreds.)
- When you lift the shredding mechanism off the wastebasket, the machine will shut itself off as a safety precaution.
- This device has a reverse function that can be utilized in case you experience a paper jam or overfeed. The machine will also start and stop automatically allowing for extremely easy operation.
- Fellowes offers a 3-year warranty on this product’s cutting head. Also, this machine is very affordable.
- The P70CM has a decibel rating of 70, so this isn’t the quietest paper shredder on the market.
- All of your shreds will be mixed together, so if you shred paper and then credit cards, you might find recycling to be a bit of a challenge.
- This machine lacks the ability to shred electronic media items such as CD’s. This is especially disappointing because a lot of information is stored on CD’s even in the home since floppy disks have declined in popularity.
- Aside from the device’s ability to shut down when the cutting head is removed, it lacks any other safety features. So be sure to exercise extra caution when using this product.
As you can see, the Fellowes PowerShred P70CM is pretty simple machine that doesn’t have a lot of special features. However, it can still shred a fair amount of paper quickly while giving you a good level of document security. If you need a personal shredder to take care of those private documents, the P70CM would be a good choice.