- Patented Safety Lock disables shredder for added safety protection
- Easy lift-off head makes waste disposal hassle-free
- Ideal for personal deskside use in a home or office setting.
- Sheet Capacity: 11
- Shred Speed (FPM): 16
- Cut Type: Cross Cut
- Cut Size: 5/32" x 1-3/8"
- Security Level: 3
- Maximum Run Time (Minutes): 5 on / 20 off
- Paper Entry Width: 9"
- Can Shred: Paper, Credit Cards, & Staples
- Jam Prevention: None
- Oil Technology: None
Fellowes Powershred W-11C: A Great Personal Shredder
If there’s a name that’s synonymous with shredding, it’s definitely Fellowes. This company has consistently put out high-quality machines for years that are great for both personal and professional use. One of their more basic devices is the Powershred W-11C. It’s a pretty impressive product and it’s great for personal use. These are the features it has to offer:
- The W-11C is a cross-cut device so it offers more security than a strip-cut machine. When you insert a piece of paper into it, the paper will be turned into particles that measure 5/32” x 1-3/8”. That’s pretty small so you can be sure that your information (name, account numbers, etc.) won’t get stolen.
- This shredder can easily shred both letter- and legal-sized paper. It has a 9-inch feed opening so you can shred computer print-outs, correspondence, and so on. (You can shred up to 11 sheets per pass.) If you need to get rid of any expired credit or debit cards, you can run them through the W-11C without any problems.
- Like many other Fellowes shredders, this device will start shredding automatically. When your paper (or cards) have been destroyed, the motor will stop running so it doesn’t burn out.
- While the W-11C can’t run continuously for an extended period of time, it can shred for up to 5 minutes straight before it needs a break. It you let the shredder sit for 20 minutes, you’ll be able to use it again.
- You can fill the waste bin with up to 5.5 gallons of shreds. When the bin gets full, you can simply lift the cutting mechanism off the top and dump the scraps. The device even has a full-sized handle to make things easy.
- The W-11C is equipped with an interlock switch. When you’re not shredding, just slide the switch to prevent unauthorized use. This is a great safety feature so you can feel comfortable about having this machine in your home.
- Maintaining this device is really easy. You just need to oil it once in a while which will only take you a couple of minutes. Just run the shredder in reverse for a minute and then squeeze some shredder oil into the feed opening. Insert a piece of paper so any excess oil is absorbed and put the machine back in reverse for a few seconds. You can then continue with regular shredding.
- This shredder comes with terrific warranty coverage. The cutting mechanism is backed for three years and everything else is covered for one year. These are especially good warranties for a personal shredder.
All in all, the W-11C is one of Fellowes’ best personal paper shredders. It will help you get rid of unnecessary papers and credit/debit cards so you can reduce clutter and protect your identity. This device is safe to use and easy to maintain so you can shred without worry. If you need a paper shredder and want something reliable and well-made, you should definitely consider the W-11C.
About the Author: Jeff McRitchie is the Director of Marketing for MyBinding.com. He regularly writes articles, reviews, and blog posts on topics related to bookbinding, laminating, paper shredding, and office equipment. More than 2,500 of his articles have been published in thousands of locations on the Internet. If you’re looking for information about paper shredders his articles are a great place to start.