- Meets the requirements of NSA/CSS specification for Level 6 Security shredding.
- LED control panel with digital load indicator.
- Compact design for under-desk operation.
- Auto Start/Stop for care-free use.
- Door Safety Sensor stops motor automatically if door is opened.
- Auto Reverse for paper jams quickly clears the jam.
- Continuous-duty motor for non-stop operation.
- Auto-Cleaning for increased performance and longevity.
- Thermal Overload Protection to ensure safe shredding.
- Cutting Style: Cross Cut
- Shred Size: 1/32" x 3/16"
- Security Level: P-7 (Old Level 6)
- Sheet Capacity: 7 to 8 sheets
- 1-Hour NSA Durability Test: 6 reams / feeding 3 sheets
- Speed: 18 fpm
- Feed Opening: 9.5
- Dimensions: 18" x 19" x 26" (WxDxH)
- Bin Capacity: 15 gallons
- Power Supply: 110V, 50/60 Hz
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty on cutting head and all parts
- Weight: 150 lbs
- Part Number: FD8300HS
Formax FD 8300HS Level 6 Cross-Cut Paper Shredder Review
When you're looking for a paper shredder, one of the most important considerations is how much security it offers. The more security a shredder offers, the more protected you'll be from crimes like identity theft. Luckily, there are some great shredders out there that can give you the security you need. One of them is the Formax FD 8300HS. Check out this shredder's strengths and weaknesses:
- The FD 8300HS is a high-security shredder so it's great for tax documents, personnel files, and other highly confidential materials. This is a level 6 machine that offers as much security as you could hope to find in a paper shredder. The machine even meets the National Security Agency/Central Security Service requirements.
- This shredder has a continuous-duty motor so you can shred whenever you want. The machine will started shredding as soon as you place something in the feed opening. There is also an auto reverse mode that will be activated in case there's a paper jam.
- The FD 8300HS is an auto-cleaning shredder so maintaining it is really easy. The motor is thermally protected so you won't need to worry about it overheating which will give you peace of mind. Also, the machine has a 15-gallon waste bin so it's suitable for light shared use.
- Operating the FD 8300HS is really easy because there is an LED control panel right on top of it. There is even a load indicator that will let you know if you are trying to shred too much paper at once. This feature can help you avoid paper jams.
- This shredder is surprisingly compact. Its dimensions are 18" (width) x 19" (depth) x 26" (height) so you will be able to place it just about anywhere you want. You could even store it under a desk or table so it's out of the way.
- All together, the FD 8300HS is very durable and you will be able to get a lot of use out of it. The machine is covered by a 1-year warranty which is convenient.
- When you get a high-security shredder, you usually end up with a machine that has a low shredding capacity. That is the case with this device which can only shred up to 8 sheets at a time. However, the machine does have a continuous-duty motor so that will help you get rid of your documents more quickly.
Overall, the Formax FD 8300HS is a first-rate high-security shredder. This is an excellent machine to have if security is an important consideration for you and if you need something that runs continuously. The shredder has a lot of user-friendly features including the LED control panel and its rather compact dimensions. Plus, the FD 8300HS is very well-made and durable so you don't need to worry about it breaking down on you. (If it does, you have the 1-year warranty to fall back on.) As for the fairly low shredding capacity, that's just par for the course with a high-security device. And as mentioned earlier, the device has a continuous-duty motor to help you shred your documents faster. If the FD 8300HS sounds like the right shredder for your workplace, be sure to check it out today. You won't regret it.