- Pre-programmed for 6 popular folds: Letter, Zig-Zag, Single, Gate, Fold Out and Double Parallel folds in 11", 14" & 17" (Int'l Sizes A3, B4, A4, B5, A5 & B6)
- Telescoping Outfeed Stacker: Holds up to 500 folded documents and keeps them in a neat and sequential order
- Optional Dedicated Multi-Sheet Feeder: Designed with an independent skew adjuster, side guides and paper sensor, operators can fold up to 3 stapled or unstapled sheets of paper at the same time
- AutoBatchTM: Processes a pre-determined number of sheets into sets with a delay between sets
- Manual Batch Counter: Processes a pre-determined number of forms
- 6-Digit Resettable Counter: Provides maximum audit control
- Custom Fold Memory: Set and store up to 9 custom jobs for automatic setup
- Drop-In Feed System: A drop-in three roller feed system produces dependable feeding of forms with no paper fanning required
- Cross-Folding: A guide is included for maximum performance
- Variable Speed Control: Up to 12,500 pieces per hour
- Fault Detector: Automatically stops operation if a fault occurs
- Noise Reduction: Fold plates are insulated to reduce operating noise
- Fine Tune Adjustment: Precisely sets fold stops for crisp, accurate folds
- Hopper Capacity: Up to 500 Sheets 20# (75gsm)
- Variable Speed: Up to 20,100 sheets per hour - based on 11"(279mm) "Z" fold
- Min Paper Size: 3.5'' W x 5" L (88.9 W x 127 L mm)
- Max Paper Size: 12.25'' W x 18" L (311 W x 457 L mm)
- Power: FD Model: 120 Volts AC 50/60 HZ
FE Model: 220 Volts AC 50/60 HZ
- Dimensions: Closed: 33" L x 20" W x 19" H (84 L x 51 W x 48 H cm)
Fully Extended: 60" L x 20" W x 19" H (152 L x 51 W x 48 H cm)
- Weight: 77 lbs (35 kg)
- Certifications: UL and CUL approved CE applied for
- Warranty: 90 Day Manufacturer Warranty
Formax FD382 Automatic Document Folder Review
Are you looking for a workhorse paper folder that can withstand frequent, heavy use? If so, you will definitely want to check out the Formax FD382 Automatic Document Folder. This is a powerhouse device that has terrific folding capabilities and it works quickly so you can get your documents folded and out the door in a hurry. Take a look at the FD3852's strengths and weaknesses to determine if it's right for your needs:
- The FD382's hopper can theoretically hold an entire ream of paper: 500 sheets. Depending on the settings you use, you will be able to fold just over 20,000 sheets in one hour. This machine will definitely help you prepare your documents in a short amount of time.
- This machine will work with various sizes of paper including letter- and legal-sized sheets. It's also capable of working with some international paper sizes including A4. The smallest sheets you can use with this device measure 3.5" x 5". The largest measure 12.25" x 18".
- The FD382 is pre-programmed to do the following folds: letter, single, gate, double parallel, zig-zag, and fold out. It can also do cross folding. There is a guide included so you can use this feature successfully. Also, you can do some custom folds with this device, so it's pretty versatile.
- This paper folder has a lot of features that make it very user-friendly. Some of these features include a variable speed control, manual batch counter, an AutoBatch mode, and a fault detector that will stop the machine in case something goes wrong. This device also has a drop-in feed system so you won't need to fan the paper beforehand. And best of all, this machine operates quietly so you can fold as much paper as you need without disturbing those around you.
- Finally, the FD382 is well-constructed so you should be able to get a lot of use out of it. The machine is backed by a 1-year warranty.
- This machine's main weakness is its size. When it's closed up, it measures 19" (height) x 20" (width) x 33" (depth). When it's extended, it measures 19" (height) x 20" (width) x 60" (depth). This is definitely not a desktop device and you will need a significant amount of room for it.
- The FD382 is meant for heavy-duty use so it might be a bit much if you're looking for a paper folder for light, occasional use.
As you can see, the Formax FD382 Automatic Document Folder is a terrific machine that can help you fold your documents quickly and easily. This device is very versatile and it can handle many different sizes of paper. Plus, the machine has a lot of special features including the ability to fold about 20,000 sheets per hour. The main thing you need to keep in mind about the FD382 is its size. This device is very large so you will need a lot of room for it. But if you have the space and the need for it, check out the FD382 today!