Sorry, but GBC CC1700 Electric Coil Inserter With 1-Year Service - 1880002 is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Your Price: $233.99
You Save: 44%
Your Price: $699.00
You Save: 30%
Your Price: $1,495.00
Your Price: $1,646.65
You Save: 29%
- Cost-effective coil inserter for short runs and occasional use.
- Quickly and easily creates professional looking coil bound documents.
- Ideal finishing solution for small print and copy shops, facility management sites, and office administrative users.
- Accurately binds documents up to 12 inches.
- Adjustable two roller system handles all coil sizes assures precise coil insertion.
- Built-in spine former shapes document edge.
- Unique dual-drive rollers provide superior control over coil insertion.
- Storage slot for hand crimping / cutting tool (tool included).
- Includes crimping tool for finishing your documents.
- Includes 1-Year service.
- Maximum Document Width: 12"
- Binding Style: Coil
- Binding Capacity: Up to 1" (265 sheets)
- Bind Method: Electric
- Power Requirements: 115V, 60Hz, 2.2A
- Safety: UL Approved
- Weight: 16 lbs
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
- Dimensions: 16.8" W x 6.5" H x 8" D
- Product Number: 1880002
GBC CC1700 Electric Coil Inserter Review
If you're interested in coil binding, you'll need a machine to help you get the most out of it. One device that's worth checking out is the GBC CC1700 Coil Inserter. Take a look at its strengths and weaknesses:
- The CC1700 is obviously an electric coil inserter, so using it is much faster than manually inserting coils into your documents. This machine is suitable for occasional use and short runs.
- This device will work with coils that are up to 12" long so you can create letter-sized documents without any problems. It's also possible to bind smaller documents as long as you have a punching device with disengageable dies.
- You can use coils that are up to 1" in diameter with the CC1700. In other words, you can bind documents that contain up to 265 pages, which is a terrific amount.
- This machines comes with a pair of crimping pliers so you'll have everything you need to produce professional-looking work. The inclusion of the crimping pliers will help you save money, since they're usually about $15.00 to $50.00 when purchased separately. The machine even has a storage area for the crimping pliers so they'll always be handy.
- If you work with a lot of thicker documents, you'll be glad to know that this device has a built-in spine former. This feature will shape the document in such a way that it's easier to insert the coil.
- The CC1700 is really well-designed and is suitable for tabletop use. The machine's approximate dimensions are 7" (height) x 17" (width) x 8" (depth) so you won't have any trouble finding or making room for it.
- This coil inserter is pretty sturdy so you'll be able to get a lot of use out of it. The machine comes with a 1-year warranty.
- It's important to note that the CC1700 is a coil inserter only. You will need a separate punching device to put holes in your documents. (You could also use pre-punched paper to save time.) Also, you will need to crimp the ends of every coil, so make sure you take advantage of the included crimping pliers.
- As noted above, the CC1700 will work with coils that are up to 1" in diameter. If you want to use larger coils, you will need to insert them manually as long as you have this device.
If you're interested in coil binding, the GBC CC1700 is a great machine to get. This coil inserter has a lot of user-friendly features such as the included crimping pliers, the spine former, and its rather compact size. This device makes it incredibly easy to insert coils into your documents, so you'll probably find that it saves you a lot of time. And don't forget that the CC1700 isn't too large, so it will be easy to find room for it. That said, you'll want to keep in mind that this device does have a couple of limitations. It's important that you have a way to punch holes in your paper since this machine is a coil inserter only. (As mentioned above, pre-punched paper is a great option.) Also, remember that this machine is for documents that contain up to 265 pages. If that's all right with you, be sure to check out the CC1700 so you can take advantage of coil binding.