- Punches the GBC 19-Hole pattern for Plastic Comb binding.
- The ergonomic vertical punch throat speeds up productivity and prevents mispunches.
- Choose your preferred punching method from a palm switch or hands-free foot pedal.
- Auto-reverse prevents downtime due to punching too much paper.
- Adjustable edge guide allows for easy alignment of paper and covers.
- Flat top surface for stacking GBC bind stations for space savings. Bind station may be separated from the punch for increased productivity - one operator punching and one operator binding.
- GBC Part Number 7706100 , G7706100
- Warranty: 90 Day Manufacturer Warranty
When rush b... Read More
When rush binding jobs occur, you have the option of separating your punch and your bind systems. One person can punch using the Modular Punch 2000 while a second person is binding with a GBC modular bind station. Separate punch and bind stations means twice the productivity. Tight deadlines for your projects require that your binding is hassle free. To prevent downtime from punching too much paper at one time, the Modular Punch 2000 offers GBC's exclusive jam stopper feature. The system begins to punch, senses a possible jam condition due to overloaded sheet capacity or extra thick material and retracts the die set from the document. At this point the operator can remove the undamaged document and separate it into smaller stacks for re-punching. Downtime due to jamming is prevented and your important document binding jobs are completed on time.
Speaker 2: My name is Suzy Mrdak. I work for Parksides Associates. I’m a copy and binding specialist. I receive reports in which I take them to be copied and I bind them and then I ship them to our clientele. The reason I like the 2000 PP is its open throat. The open throat feature on the 2000 PP is very simple to use. It’s just sliding your paper through, just like that, and getting a perfect punch every time. Another feature that I like about the 2000 PP is that it has a thicker lined marking for the type of paper that we might be using, and I use typically the 11 inch and the oversized cover. And it has a locking knob which I like because, when sliding in paper, it will not move. When we have small and large jobs, it’s versatile. And when I have a smaller job in which only I am handling it, I can stack the two pieces and, therefore, it takes up less space. And when I do have a larger job in which we can have two people working on it, having one punching and one binding, the fact that we can remove it and put ourselves side to side and have just one going, the more hands that we can get in there to get it done quicker, the happier our clients will be.
- Productivity: 2 second punch cycle
- Bind Capacity: N/A
- Punch Capacity: Punches up to 20 sheets per lift (based on 20 lb. bond); Rectangular holes; 19 holes for 11" punching edge
- Min Doc Size: Punches books as small as 4"
- Max Doc Size: Punches books as large as 11.7"(A4) in one pass. Longer documents may be punched in two passes
- Dimensions: 19.8"x7.4"x20.5" LxWxD
- Machine Weight: 38 lbs. (17.3 kgs.)
- Packaged Weight: 50.38 lbs.
- Ratings: 115 Volt / 50-60Hz
- Safety Agency Approval: Designed to meet UL and CSA safety standards
GBC MP2000PB Modular Fixed Die Plastic Comb Binding Punch Review
- The GBC MP2000PB is a modular fixed die punch designed to punch holes in documents that need to be bound with plastic comb binding.
- Unlike many of the smaller desktop binding systems that are available on the market, the MP2000PB does not include a plastic comb opener. Instead it is meant to be used with a standalone modular comb opener to help increase productivity.
- This machine can be used by a single operator who punches and binds each document or it can be used as part of an assembly line to increase productivity with one individual punching while another opens the combs and finishes the books.
Strengths / Features:
- The MP2000PB is a medium duty electric binding punch that can handle up to twenty sheets of 20lb paper per lift. Although there are certainly machines available on the market that will punch more sheets of paper at a time, the MP2000PB offers exceptional punching quality and good value for its price point.
- This machine has dual punching controls. For users that just need to punch a few documents there is a large and easy to press button on the front of the machine. However, for high volume punching applications these machines come with a heavy duty foot pedal. The foot pedal makes punching large jobs a lot easier. However, some users prefer to use the button on the front.
- The MP2000PB has a vertical punching throat. This type of design can be used to help align your documents for punching. The process of dropping your pages into the punching throat can help to align your pages to reduce costly punching errors.
- This machine includes a stylish black case that is designed to look both professional and stylish. Many other modular binding punches look industrial, are loud and are out of place in an office environment. This machine is quiet, compact and you can even stack your finishing equipment on the top of it to conserve space.
- The MP2000PB features a depth of punch control to adjust how far into the paper the holes are punched. For thicker documents, it is recommended that the holes are punched deeper into the page so more of the paper is left for added strength. For thinner documents, the margin should be smaller so the paper will not overlap inside the spine of the comb.
- Using this machine in an assembly line fashion with one operator punching while another binds can offer almost triple the productivity of a desktop electric binding machine such as the C800pro. By allowing each operator to handle one task and eliminating the need to constantly stop punching to finish the documents the difference in productivity is amazing. Plus, the cost of this machine and a comb opener isn’t that much more than a heavy duty all in one machine.
- The MP2000PB features all metal construction for added durability
Weaknesses / Limitations:
- The MP2000PB does not have fully disengageable punching pins. Only nine of the twenty one punching pins can be disengaged. Using these nine disengageable dies it is possible to punch all of the most common sizes of paper. However, punching custom sized sheets may be a problem with this machine depending on the size of sheet that you need to punch.
- This machine has a two second punching cycle. This is the amount of time that it takes for the machine to be ready to punch another set of pages from the moment that you press the punching button. This is comparable to the punching cycle offered by the C800pro and other desktop binding systems. However, larger modular punches such as the MP2500ix and Magnapunch can have punching cycles that are up to four times faster than the MP2000PB. For high volume applications that can make a big difference.
- The MP2000PB is a fixed die punch and does not allow users to switch punching patterns. This machine is designed for organizations that only need to bind documents with plastic comb binding. Companies that need to produce more than one hole pattern or believe that they may want the ability to bind documents with another binding style should really look at an interchangeable die punch such as the MP2500ix.
- The MP2000PB is great for a medium sized organization that is looking to increase their productivity in binding documents with plastic combs or GBC Zipbind.
- The MP2000PB is also a great choice for companies with lighter volumes that have need for electric punching over tedious manual punching.
- When used with a high quality modular comb opener it can provide added productivity at a cost that is similar to many of the heavy duty electric desktop comb binding systems.
- However, users who need to bind documents with more than one binding style or who are looking for a high volume punching solution should probably look at a larger modular interchangeable die punching system.
- It is also important to remember that this system does not come with a plastic comb opener. The comb opener must be purchased separately if you want to bind documents with plastic combs.
This review was written by Jeff McRitchie who is the director of marketing for Mybinding.com. Jeff has written more than three hundred articles and more than two hundred reviews on Binding Machines, Binding Supplies, Report Covers, 3-Ring Binders, Index Tabs, Laminators, Laminating Supplies, Paper Shredders and Paper Handling Equipment.