Sorry, but GBC Shredmaster 3890D Super Micro Cut Shredder - 1753290 is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Your Price: $292.63
You Save: 35%
Your Price: $4,285.70
You Save: 14%
Your Price: $219.98
You Save: 48%
Your Price: $2,479.00
You Save: 42%
- High security Department of Defense shredder meet stringent specifications - Department of Defense and NSA/CSS 02-01 approved shred size (DIN Level 6).
- Provides reliable document security for military facilities, government departments, embassies and defense contractors.
- High security super micro-cuts 7 sheets into super-fine 1/26" x 1/5" chips through a 10" throat.
- Ideal for centralized use by multiple users - 10 or more users.
- Large 30 gallon shred bin capacity for fewer bag changes.
- Continuous-duty motor for nonstop shredding.
- High quality solid one piece cutting head.
- A protective shield to help keep fingers away from shredding area.
- Multi-function control panel with visual indicators help keep the operator informed (Power On, Bag Full, Overload, Door Ajar, Bag-full Shut Off, Auto Stop On Jam and Auto On/Off).
- Castors provide easy mobility.
- On-site service included.
- 3 Year Manufacturer Warranty on parts/labor, 1 Year Warranty on Cutters.
- Unit: 33.5"H x 19.5"W x 18.5"D
- Old GBC Part Number: 1757330 , G1757330
- New GBC Part Number: 1753290 , G1753290 , 1753290G
GBC Shredmaster 3890D Super Micro Cut Shredder Review
For high security shredding needs, the GBC Shredmaster 3890D Super Micro Cut Shredder is a great choice. Packed with automatic features for easy use as well as a warranty backing, this device is easy to use and well-made. Powerful steel blades will efficiently render all your documents impossible to reassemble, providing the security you need. Here is a closer look at the details of the 3890D.
Once the power is switched on, operation is completely automated. As items slide into the feed slot, the blades shred automatically and cease when finished. If too many pages are inserted, the device will stop shredding and automatically reverse the items back out to the user. The auto stop is also activated when the shred bag is full. Status modes are indicated on a lit panel to keep the user constantly updated.
The robust motor offers continuous shredding all day long. As a result, you can shred as much as you want without having to wait while the machine cools down.
About seven sheets at once can enter the 10 inch opening. The deep funnel design helps oversized items and disorganized piles to smoothly enter the machine while avoiding a jam. Papers are shred as fast as 32 feet per minute, excellent for a super micro cut device. The tiny particles that are left fall into a spacious shred bag. The 30 gallon container reduces the number of bag changes needed.
The solid one piece cutters convert full size documents into miniscule pieces only 1/26" by 1/5" in size, providing a level 6 security rating, the highest available. This meets DOD and NSA approval for document destruction. Top Secret and COSMEC materials can also be safely destroyed by this machine, making it ideal for banks, government agencies, and research labs.
A lifetime warranty covers the solid steel blades. The rest of the shredder carries a three year limited warranty on parts and labor. On-site service is provided as well.
Seven sheets is a small intake capacity. However, this is fairly typical on level 6 shredders and is balanced out by the swift shred speed of 32 feet per minute.
While this machine isn't overly heavy, it's bulky enough to be awkward to move. Even so, there are casters on the bottom for added mobility and we don't think this will be a problem for most people.
Also common on high security shredders is the limit to only paper shredding. All document fasteners need to be removed before inserting documents. Depending on your needs, this may or may not be a problem for you. If you want a machine with this specific capability, we recommend the GLHS930.
As you can see from the many strengths, the GBC 3890D is well-suited to handle the high security needs of any office. Those businesses specifically needing DOD and NSA approval will appreciate the level 6 security found in the tiny pieces left by the blades. Hospitals, research facilities, and banks as well as government and military agencies would all benefit from having this device around. We think the GBC Shredmaster 3890D is an excellent choice for your next high security shredder.