- 1/4" cut size
- Security Level P-2 (Old Level 2) for low security needs
- Super quiet operation
- Maximum 32 sheets of paper in a single pass
- Shreds CDs, DVDs, paper clips, staples, and credit cards
- 30-gallon waste capacity
- JamFree technology with indicator light prevents jams
- Auto-shutoff energy saving power mode after 2 minutes
- Recyclable paper waste bags available for purchase
- 2-year Warranty on Machine with on-site Service
- GBC Part Number: 1770035A
- Primary UPC: 33816094109
GBC Shredmaster GLS3230 Jam Free Strip Cut Paper Shredder Review
Just about every office uses a paper shredder; the important thing is to find the right one for your needs. The GBC Shredmaster GLS3230 is designed for frequent use by more than ten people. It provides the rapid disposal of low risk materials in large amounts. Automatic and Jam Free features provide simple operation while generous capacities offer efficiency and functionality. Here are the details.
- Use of this machine is simple even for the most inexperienced user. Simply slide in your stack of papers and the blades turn on automatically, stopping when the job is done. If the device hasn't been used in two minutes, the motor powers down to an energy saving mode in order to conserve electricity. A lighted control panel constantly displays the machine's status.
- GBC's Jam Free technology aids in the prevention of jams by warning users when too much paper has been put into the feed. The throat glows red and the blades won't run until the excess has been removed. If too many documents make their way in and manage to clog the cutters, the automatic reverse feeds them back out to the user in order to clear the jam.
- The motor offers two added features. First, the engine is designed for continuous run time. This means you can shred all day without waiting for regular cool down periods. Second, it provides quiet operation, running about 55 decibels. This is up to 10 decibels less than its competition. In every day terms, it is the difference between a noisy vacuum cleaner and the hum of a normal conversation happening about one yard away.
- Up to 32 sheets can enter the wide 10 inch feed at once and can include staples, paperclips, credit cards, CDs, and DVDs. Items go through the blades as fast as 22 feet per minute and come out in thin, unreadable strips.
- The narrow strips drop into a voluminous 30 gallon waste bin. Both plastic and easily recycled paper bags are available for this container. The whole thing is housed in a pull-out cabinet for simple removal and replacement of the full shred bag.
- GBC provides a two year warranty on this product, which includes on-site service.
- Though the strips produced are illegible, they still only earn a level two security rating. This is safe enough for internal documents containing non-sensitive data. But any confidential items should really be put through a cross cut device, such as the GLX2030.
- One thing that would be nice on this device is segregated waste containers for both paper and plastic waste. This would allow the paper shreds to be easily recycled while the plastic was tossed. Some users won't mind this, others will. If you prefer to separate the waste for easy recycling, we suggest either not putting plastic through this device or investing in a model that can accommodate both waste types.
Overall, the GLS3230 is a well-suited to accommodate the low security, high volume needs of any department. Fast shredding combined with decent capacities and automated features provide a machine that is both efficient and convenient. We think the GBC Shredmaster GLS3230 is an excellent choice for your next office shredder.