- Optimized cutting device technology tears through 40-42 sheets of paper, creating 38 strip-cut particles per page.
- Also shreds staples, paper clips, credit/store cards, CDs/DVDs and floppy disks.
- Anti-Jam Technology prevents jams when document shredder is overloaded.
- Continuous Duty Operation ensures continual shredding with no down time.
- Whisper like noise level during shredding.
- Lifetime warranty on cutting cylinder.
- Made in Germany.
- Solid Steel Cutting Cylinder made from 100% solid steel for high cutting capacities.
- Wear-resistant solid steel cutting rollers ensure long life.
- Automatic start/stop and on/off switch with integrated reversing function.
- Bin-full/bin open stops.
- 31.7-gallon bin.
- Order number: HSM1341
- EAN Code: 4026631039222
- Shredder material: Paper, CD/DVD, Paper Clip and Credit/Store Cards
- Cutting type: Strip Cut
- Security level (DIN 66399): P-2 / 0-2 / T-2 / E-2
- Security level (DIN 32757-1): 2
- Cutting width: 1/4 in
- Intake width: 12 in
- Container volume: 31.7 gal
- Cutting capacity: 40 - 42 sheets
- Noise level (idle operation): 64 dB
- Power consumption of the motor: 1440 W
- Voltage: 120 V
- Frequency: 60 Hz
- Depth: 18 1/2 in
- Width: 19 7/10 in
- Height: 35 1/5 in
- Weight: 25 lb
- Colour: Light Grey
- Driving power: 1.93 kW
HSM 225.2 Level 2 Strip Cut Office Paper Shredder Review
For a large office, a central shared device is usually more cost effective than multiple personal shredders. One perfect system for this function is the HSM 225.2 Strip Cut Shredder. This machine is designed to be easy to use and operate as a central shredder in a large office. Here is an in-depth look at the details of the 225.2.
Simple operation comes from a plethora of automatic features. As with most HSM shredders, once switched on, this one sits in a standby mode that doesn't use energy. And the automatic start and stop senses items in the feed and shreds as needed. It also automatically stops when the shred bin is full or removed. But this model is the first to automatically stop when a paper jam occurs, and then automatically reverse to clear it. Each mode is displayed on an LED panel to keep the user aware of the machine's current status.
The motor is thermally protected from overheating. An enclosed housing prevents dust spread as well as provides quieter shredding. Only 60 decibels are produced by this machine, about the sound of an average conversation happening one yard away.
The specially adjusted motor offers longer use and higher performance. The tried and true closed-tooth wheel drive prevents dirt from entering the engine, which slows down wear and provides longer service life.
Items enter the sturdy blades through a wide 12 inch opening. This shredder comes in either a