- With its completely precise cut and an extremely handy automatic reverse, the starter model of the professional series can handle large workloads, even in 15-20 person departments.
- In case of paper jam, auto start/stop with LED as well as auto reverse are standard.
- Auto stop when container is full or door is open.
- Practical storage space for paper stacks.
- Crosscut models can cut up to approximately 27 sheets per run; Strip cut: up to 42 sheets per run (see specifications).
- Convenient pull-out system for removing the integrated, sturdy, reusable shred-bin bag.
- Powerful, specially adjusted motor for longer periods of use---with thermal protection for high performance.
- The tried-and-tested closed tooth wheel drive prevents penetration of dirt and slows wear, thus increasing the service life.
- Enclosed housing protects against the spread of paper dust and provides for "whisper quiet" shredding.
- Mobile for shared use.
- Shred Size: 1/32" x 7/16"
- Security Level: P-6 (Old Level 5)
- Capacity: 7-9 Sheets
- Feed Width: 15.8"
- Speed: 27 ft./min.
- Motor: 1400 W 115 V/60 Hz
- Waste Bin: 39 gallons
- Weight: 132 lbs.
- Dimensions: 23.4" x 18.5" x 35.7"
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty on Cylinders, Parts, and Labor
HSM 390.3 Level 5 High Security Cross Cut Paper Shredder Review
In any business today, secure disposal of confidential documents is a must. For those needing to destroy larger quantities of extremely sensitive information, the HSM 390.3 Level 5 High Security Shredder is perfect. Offering simple yet powerful operation, this machine is designed to fit the high security shredding needs of entire departments and office floors. Let's take a closer look at the 390.3.
Even the most inexperienced user will find this machine simple to operate, thanks to the many automated features. Once switched on, the motor idles in standby mode without consuming energy. As items are slid into the feed, a photoelectric eye senses them and starts and stops the blades automatically to shred as needed. If a jam occurs, the machine automatically stops the blades and reverses them, sending the overfed paper back out to the user. An LED panel keeps the operator aware of the machine's status at all times.
The powerful motor is conveniently rated for continuous duty. This is especially beneficial in high traffic areas; no one likes to wait for a shredder to cool down. Thermal protection keeps the motor from overheating. The tried and true closed-gear transmission system ensures less dirt and wear while increasing service life.
The 16 inch feed easily accepts letter and legal size paper as well as wide computer printouts. Up to 11 sheets can enter at once and are shred as fast as 31 feet per minute. Tiny paper bits rain down into a spacious 41 gallon reusable shred bag. A cabinet houses the removable container and uses a pull-out system for quick and easy replacement.
Solid steel blades cross cut secret documents into miniscule pieces only 1mm by 11mm in size. Those tiny particles provide a high level 5 security rating and are impossible to reassemble. This makes the shredder perfect for any business with highly sensitive material to destroy.
HSM provides a one year warranty on this product which includes the cutting shafts, parts, and labor.
At 132 pounds, this is a heavy piece of equipment. Thankfully, there are casters mounted on the bottom for added mobility. This doesn't present a big problem for most users.
All staples and paperclips must be removed before shredding. This can be a tedious process or it may not affect you, depending on your needs. While this is fairly normal for level 5 shredders, the GBC Shredmaster GLHS9 also rates a level 5 and handles document fasteners.
The blades only accept 11 sheets at once. This is also common with high security devices and is offset by the rapid shred speed of 31 feet per minute. Even so, you could upgrade to the HSM 411.2 Level 5 for greater intake capacity but slightly slower shredding.
As you can see, the HSM 390.3 is perfect for the secure destruction of classified material. It would work exceptionally well in a busy environment needing all day shredding. Offering automatic features for easy use combined with powerful steel blades for swift obliteration of sensitive information, this device is both convenient and efficient. The HSM 390.3 is an excellent choice for your next high security shredder.