- Large volumes of data media are shredded without problems on all office floors. This professional series workhorse is suitable for a 20-25 person office.
- Keypad for constant operation and reverse.
- Fully integrated, mechanical compression device for crosscutting units.
- Hardened steel cutters can handle occasional standard paper clips or staples.
- Crosscut models can cut up to approximately 40 sheets per run; Strip cut: up to 67 sheets per run (see specifications).
- Practical storage space with optional paper trays for paper stacks. (Paper trays available for purchase).
- Auto stop when container is full or door is open. Convenient pull-out system for removing the integrated, sturdy, reusable shred-bin bag.
- Powerful, specially adjusted motor for longer periods of use---with thermal protection for high performance.
- The tried-and-tested closed-tooth wheel drive prevents penetration of dirt and slows wear, increasing the service life.
- Enclosed housing protects against the spread of paper dust and provides for "whisper quiet" shredding.
- Heavy-duty castors for effortless mobility.
- Crosscut shredders should be oiled to maintain top working condition.
- Shred Size: 1/32" x 7/16"
- Security Level: P-6 (Old Level 5)
- Capacity: 12-14 Sheets
- Feed Width: 15.8"
- Speed: 24 ft./min.
- Motor: 2100 W 115 V/60 Hz
- Waste Bin: 38.5 gallons
- Weight: 176 lbs.
- Dimensions: 23.4" x 18.5" x 37.8"
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty on Cylinders, Parts, and Labor
HSM 411.2 Level 5 High Security Cross Cut Paper Shredder Review
Large departments and office floors often use a central shredder to accommodate multiple users. The HSM 411.2 Level 5 High Security Shredder is designed for high volume performance in a heavy traffic area. A robust motor allows extended periods of shredding while the blades swiftly dice classified information into tiny bits. With automated features for convenience, the 411.2 is one shredder you should definitely consider. Here is a closer look at the details.
The many automatic features provide simple operation. Slide your paper into the feed and the machine starts and stops automatically for on-demand shredding. If anything gets jammed, the blades instantly stop and reverse themselves to help release overfed paper. When not in use, the motor idles in standby without consuming electricity. Status updates are shown via LED.
The continuous duty motor is thermally protected from overheating, even during extended usage periods. A time-tested closed wheel drive cuts down on dirt and wear while increasing the service life.
A wide 16 inch feed allows the entry of computer printouts as well as letter and legal size documents. Up to 14 sheets can enter the blades at once and are shred at a fast pace of 30 feet per minute. The miniscule particles that remain are collected in a massive 41 gallon reusable shred bag. The bag sits in a pull-out frame for simple emptying and replacement. When the bag is full or the cabinet door is open, the machine stops running in order to prevent hands from coming into contact with the blades.
The cross cutting mechanism creates thousands of micro pieces out of a single sheet of paper. These tiny bits only measure 1mm by 11mm and provide a high level 5 security rating. This level is excellent for the disposal of highly confidential materials, keeping all your proprietary information safe.
HSM provides a one year warranty on this product, including the blades, parts, and labor.
Like you would expect from a centralized shredder, this is a heavy piece of machinery. There are casters on the bottom for added mobility, though you will still want to be careful when rolling it around.
As is typical with high security machines, this one doesn't take in staples or paperclips. Removing a large quantity of these can be tedious and time consuming. If you foresee yourself having to do this often, we recommend the GBC Shredmaster GLHS9, which offers this capability along with similar features.
Only 14 sheets can shred at once. Although this is low for a departmental shredder, it's a great capacity for a high security device. The lower intake is offset by the rapid shred speed of 30 feet per minute. Users looking for a faster device without such a high security level should check out this machine in a level three rating.
Overall, the HSM 411.2 is an excellent system for any business with high security shredding needs. Confidential information is swiftly destroyed by the solid steel blades, protecting both you and your clientele. With automatic features to simplify operation and a powerful motor for all day use, this device is both convenient and efficient. We highly recommend the 411.2 Level 5 for your next high security office shredder.