- Cutting type: Cross Cut
- Cutting size: 1/32" x 3/16"
- Security level: P-7 (Old level 6)
- Security levels DIN 66399: P-7 / F-3
- Cutting capacity: 4 - 16 sheets
- Cutting speed (FPM): 24
- Intake width: 16"
- Power consumption of the motor: 2100 W
- Voltage: 115 V
- Frequency: 60 Hz
- Depth: 18.5"
- Width: 23.4"
- Height: 37.8"
- Weight: 181 lb
- Container volume: 38.5 gal
- Shredder material: Paper
- Product Number: HSM15644
HSM 411.2 Level 6 High Security Paper Shredder Review
High security shredders are essential in many institutions, such as banks and hospitals. It is often more cost effective to have one central device for use by many people rather than several individual machines. The HSM 411.2 Level 6 is designed for use as a departmental shredder with multiple users. Providing easy operation and fast, secure shredding, this machine is ideal for any business. Let's take a closer look at the 411.2.
- This machine is one of the easiest to use. Simply slide your documents in and it shreds them automatically, stopping when everything's through. If the papers get jammed, the blades stop shredding and reverse the items back out the opening, essentially clearing the clog for you. While not in use, the motor quietly idles in standby mode without consuming energy. An automatic stop is also triggered by an open cabinet door or a full shred bag.
- The heavy duty motor is rated for continuous run, allowing all day shredding. Thermal protection keeps it from overheating. A durable closed gear transmission prevents dirt penetration, which slows down wear and prolongs service life.
- A wide 16 inch feed accepts up to 10 sheets at once, quickly shredding them as fast as 30 feet per minute. The small paper confetti that remains is deposited into a generous 41 gallon reusable shred bag. The bag sits in a convenient pull-out wire frame for easy emptying.
- The solid steel cross cutting mechanism converts whole pages into tiny bits only 1mm by 5mm in size. That's approximately 15,000 pieces per sheet, impossible to reassemble. This results in the highest available level 6 security rating,. At this level, all DOD and NSA specifications for document destruction are met or exceeded, making this shredder perfect for hospitals, banks, and other businesses needing to destroy top secret information.
- HSM guarantees this machine with a one year warranty on the cutters, parts, and labor.
- As you might imagine, this is a heavy piece of machinery. The casters on the bottom provide added mobility, though you will still want to be careful when rolling it around.
- The blades won't accept staples and paperclips. While this may not be a problem for some offices, it could be a big issue for others. If you fall into the second category, we suggest the GBC Shredmaster GLHS9 for high security shredding without removing document fasteners.
- This is the largest in HSM's high security line of shredders. While it does offer the greatest capacities, small offices will not need this much machine. We definitely recommend you make sure you need this large of a device before making the investment. For small to medium offices, HSM makes the 125.2 Level 6 Shredder.
It's clear from the many strengths that the HSM 411.2 is perfect for the high security demands of military and government agencies, banks, and hospitals. Excellent performance comes from the sturdy motor and solid steel blades working together to obliterate highly classified information. Throw in the added convenience of automated use and the result is an uncomplicated, efficient device. We would highly recommend the 411.2 Level 6 to any office needing a reliable high security shredder.