- Made in Germany: All HSM Classic & Securio Models are Made in Germany. Precision Engineering. TAA Compliant.
- Solid Steel Cutting Cylinders: Cutting Heads are Manufactured from 100% Steel. Maintains High Cutting Capabilities While Using Less Energy. V-groove Technology Ensures Precise Cutting.
- Cutting Cylinder Lifetime Warranty: Lifetime Warranty on Solid Steel Cutting Cylinders. Patented "V-Tek" Cutting Groove Technology. Higher Cutting Capacity. Lower Power Requirements.
- Zero Energy Stand-By: Consumes no Power While the Machine is in Stand-by Mode.
- Quiet Operation: Cutting System Engineered to Reduce Decibel Levels When Running. Lower Noise Level Whether Running Idol or Shredding Paper.
- TAA Compliant: Machine is manufactured in a country compliant with the Trade Act Agreement.
- Enclosed Gear Boxes: Totally Enclosed Gear Box Helps Reduce Noise and Prevents Failure from Dust and Debris Getting into the Gears.
- Order number: HSM1082
- EAN Code: 4026631024686
- Shredder material: Paper and Paper Clip
- Cutting type: Cross Cut
- Security level (DIN 66399): P-4 (Old Level 3)
- Security level (DIN 32757-1): 3
- Cutting width: 1/8 in
- Particle length: 3/8 in
- Intake width: 9 in
- Container volume: 4.5 gal
- Cutting capacity: 5 sheets
- Noise level (idle operation): 65 dB
- Power consumption of the motor: 120 W
- Voltage: 120 V
- Frequency: 60 Hz
- Depth: 7.8 in
- Width: 12 in
- Height: 16 in
- Weight: 8 lb
- Colour: Light Grey
- Driving power: 0.17 kW
HSM 80.2cc Level 3 Cross Cut Compact Paper Shredder Review
Proper information safeguarding is vital these days with identity theft on the rise. The HSM 80.2cc Level 3 Cross Cut Shredder brings security to your door. With powerful blades to dice up your personal information, this deskside device is convenient to have around. Automatic features provide operation simple enough for even the most inexperienced user. Here is a more in-depth look at the HSM 80.2cc Cross Cut Shredder.
The short stature of this shredder allows it to neatly store under a desk or table for easy access. And moving it around is a breeze, since it only weighs about eight pounds.
After switching the machine on, it stays in a stand-by mode without using up energy. When you're ready to shred, simply slide your items in and the blades start and stop automatically. The auto stop is also triggered by a full shred bin. In the case of a paper jam, switch the control to reverse and the clogged materials are fed back out to the user.
The motor utilizes a powerful closed-tooth wheel drive system for high performance. The tried and true mechanism prevents dirt from sneaking into the engine, prolonging the life of your machine by decreasing wear and tear. The motor is thermal fuse protected against overheating and offers quiet operation. It produces a noise level of 62 decibels, about the sound of a normal conversation happening nearby.
Three or four sheets can enter the 8.9" opening at once, including staples and paperclips. Items are shred at 16 feet per minute. Paper remains fall into a 4.5 gallon waste bin. An extra opening offers convenient disposal of normal waste, allowing the container to double as a recycling receptacle.
Cross cutting blades render full size documents into small pieces, only 5/32" by 1" in size. These tiny chads earn a level three security rating, ideal for the disposal of generic office documents as well as bank statements and other personal confidential material.
Parts for this machine are covered by a one year warranty, with 180 day coverage on labor.
While level three is a great rating for a personal shredder, it only covers medium security needs. Highly classified documents should go through a higher security shredder.
Four sheets at 16 feet per minute isn't very much. While this is ample for light use, any more than that will overload the machine and wear it out quickly. For moderate to heavy use, we recommend the HSM 104.3cc.
The motor isn't rated for continuous operation. Short periods of heavy use will be followed by a cool down period to avoid overheating. Users only needing light, occasional shredding may not even be affected by this. But those needing moderate to heavy shredding will want a device with a more powerful motor.
For light, medium security shredding needs, the HSM 80.2cc is perfect. Your identity will stay safe in the small particles created by the solid steel blades. With automatic features for simple operation and petite dimensions for personal use, this machine is both convenient and effective. We think the HSM 80.2cc Cross Cut Shredder is an excellent choice for your next personal deskside shredder.