- Made in Germany: All HSM Classic & Securio Models are Made in Germany. Precision Engineering. TAA Compliant.
- Solid Steel Cutting Cylinders: Cutting Heads are Manufactured from 100% Steel. Maintains High Cutting Capabilities While Using Less Energy. V-groove Technology Ensures Precise Cutting.
- Cutting Cylinder Lifetime Warranty: Lifetime Warranty on Solid Steel Cutting Cylinders. Patented "V-Tek" Cutting Groove Technology. Higher Cutting Capacity. Lower Power Requirements.
- Zero Energy Stand-By: Consumes no Power While the Machine is in Stand-by Mode.
- Quiet Operation: Cutting System Engineered to Reduce Decibel Levels When Running. Lower Noise Level Whether Running Idol or Shredding Paper.
- TAA Compliant: Machine is manufactured in a country compliant with the Trade Act Agreement.
- Enclosed Gear Boxes: Totally Enclosed Gear Box Helps Reduce Noise and Prevents Failure from Dust and Debris Getting into the Gears.
- Order number: HSM1376
- EAN Code: 4026631023337
- Shredder material: Paper, Paper Clip and Credit/Store Cards
- Cutting type: Strip Cut
- Security level (DIN 66399): P-2 (Old Level 2)
- Security level (DIN 32757-1): 2
- Cutting width: 1/4 in
- Intake width: 9 in
- Container volume: 6.6 gal
- Cutting capacity: 15 sheets
- Noise level (idle operation): 65 dB
- Power consumption of the motor: 150 W
- Voltage: 120 V
- Frequency: 60 Hz
- Depth: 9 2/5 in
- Width: 12 4/5 in
- Height: 16 2/3 in
- Weight: 9 lb
- Colour: Light Grey
- Driving power: 0.20 kW
Welcome to MyBinding video. This is the HSM 90.2, a level 2 strip-cut shredder. Step-by-step, let’s watch this compact paper shredder in action. The power switch and auto-forward is on the top. All materials go into the same single feed slot. Cardstock and laminated materials are just fine for this machine but not CDs or DVDs. And the occasional staple is no problem for the 90.2. You have a choice of quarter-inch or eighth-inch shred size. This will determine how many sheets you can do at once. The waste bin is accessed from the top. Simply remove the motor and dispose. And that’s it, that’s the 90.2 level 2 HSM strip-cut shredder. For other demos and reviews of this product and many more, check out MyBinding.com.
The 8.9 inch feed opening can handle most standard sized documents. Everything is fed through one slot. And by everything, we mean paper, cardstock, cards, credit cards, laminated materials, and the occasional staple. However, this machine cannot do CDs or DVDs. Shred capacity on the 90.2 depends on which machine you actually purchase, the quarter-inc... Read More
Welcome to MyBinding video. This is a product review of the HSM 90.2, a level 2 strip-cut shredder. This is a great little personal document shredder that's designed for the small or home office. Let's watch it in action and review its features.
The 8.9 inch feed opening can handle most standard sized documents. Everything is fed through one slot. And by everything, we mean paper, cardstock, cards, credit cards, laminated materials, and the occasional staple. However, this machine cannot do CDs or DVDs. Shred capacity on the 90.2 depends on which machine you actually purchase, the quarter-inch or eighth-inch shred type. Quarter-inch is rated at 10-12 sheets where as the eighth-inch is rated at 7-9 sheets. But in our test, we could run 15 sheets through the quarter-inch with no problem. That's a great sign. The reverse feature seemed to work well enough for us. It was a quick response and easy to remove. The shredding was quick and consistent but the shred is only a level 2 security, not good for highly confidential documents. But a 6.6 gallon waste bin is pretty impressive on a compact shredder. It's a pretty heavy duty shredder, we really like it. But for $170, you want to be sure this is exactly what you need. For other reviews and demos of this product and many more, check out MyBinding.com.
HSM 90.2 Level 2 Strip Cut Compact Paper Shredder Review
Deskside shredders are a convenient device to have in any office, whether business or home. The HSM 90.2 is a basic personal shredder that's great for disposing of junk mail and unwanted documents. With automatic features for easy use and a powerful motor, this machine is functional and efficient. Here is a closer look at the strengths and weaknesses of the HSM 90.2 Level 2 Strip Cut Shredder.
At just over one foot tall, the petite dimensions on this device allow it to be neatly stored under a desk or table for convenient access. And since it only weighs about nine pounds, it would be easily transported if you needed to move it around.
After the machine is switched on, it idles in a stand-by mode that doesn't consume energy. The blades turn on automatically as items are inserted and then stop when everything's finished. The automatic stop also kicks in when the waste container is full. A reverse switch aids in the clearing of jams by feeding items back out to the user.
The closed-tooth wheel drive provides high performance. This system is designed to keep dirt out, which cuts down on wear and tear and prolongs the life of your machine. The motor is protected from overheating by a thermal fuse and runs at a mere 62 decibels. That's about the sound level of an average conversation happening nearby.
This model comes in two different versions. One creates