- Easily shreds Punched Code Tapes
- Automatic start/stop by electronic eye.
- Reverse Controls
- Mobile on wheels
- Auto-stop when door is open or container is full.
- Working width of 1.5".
- Powerful drive for high performance; motor with protected thermal fuse.
- Closed tooth wheel drive prevents penetration of dirt and slows wear.
- Enclosed housing prevents paper dust build-up and "whisper quiet" operation.
- Shred Size: 0.7mm x 2.6mm Particle Cut
- Capacity: Up to 1 Tape
- Security Level: Level F-4 (Old Level 6)
- Feed Width: 1.5"
- Speed: 17.8 ft/min
- Voltage: 120v.
- Waste Bin: 1.4 gallons
- Weight: 27 lbs.
- Dimensions: 10.6" x 15.75" x 10.2"
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty on Cylinders, Parts, and Labor
HSM Nanoshred 726 High Security Shredder Review
High security paper shredders aren't hard to come by these days. But what about NSA approved destruction of other materials? The HSM Nanoshred 726 offers the secure disposal of code punched tapes in a conveniently compact machine. This small device will efficiently shred tape into tiny enough pieces to rate a high level 6 security, meeting all standards for high security tape destruction. Here is a look at the strengths and weaknesses of the Nanoshred.
- Petite dimensions allow this machine to be stored just about anywhere. Sitting only 10 inches tall, it could easily reside on a desktop for instant access. And since it only weighs 27 pounds, it is simple to move around if needed.
- Smallness doesn't diminish convenience on this machine. The same automatic start and stop mechanism seen in larger HSM devices is found on here, allowing you to simply slide the tape in and let the shredder do the rest for you. An LED panel, as well as an auto stop, lets you know if the waste container is full, open, or removed. If the tape jams, the blades will reverse it back to you for easy clearing.
- The motor sits in standby when not in use to save electricity. It utilizes a powerful closed wheel drive transmission for high performance, allowing extended periods of use. Thermal protection keeps the engine from overheating. This system prevents dirt penetration and slows down wear, which in turn increases the service life of your shredder.
- The narrow 1.5 inch throat is ideal for the shredding of code punched tape. It shreds one at a time as fast as 17.8 feet per minute. The particles remaining measure 0.7mm by 2.6mm, small enough to earn a level 6 security rating. These pieces have passed DOD and NSA approval for high security tape destruction.
- Tiny tape bits fall into a 1.4 gallon shred bin. The bin is housed in a pull-out drawer for easy disposal of the waste.
- HSM provides a one year warranty on this product.
- This is a specialty shredder and as such can only shred tape. This means nothing else should be fed into the blades, including paper, document fasteners, credit cards, and CDs. For the destruction of these items, HSM offers a full range of paper and media shredders.
- The motor isn't rated for continuous operation. This means that after a time of heavy use, the engine will shut down for a cool off period. It keeps your motor from burning out and prolongs the life of your shredder. Simply wait a few minutes and then begin shredding again as normal. There are industrial machines on the market that can continuously shred tapes and other items; however they lack the high security rating this device offers.
The HSM Nanoshred 726 is an ideal system for disposing of highly classified tape. As such, it would be an excellent supplemental shredder in any government or military facility. With DOD and NSA approval, you can be sure all confidential tape material is securely destroyed. We think the Nanoshred is a great high security addition for any office.