- Made in Germany: All HSM Classic & Securio Models are Made in Germany. Precision Engineering. TAA Compliant.
- Solid Steel Cutting Cylinders: Cutting Heads are Manufactured from 100% Steel. Maintains High Cutting Capabilities While Using Less Energy. V-groove Technology Ensures Precise Cutting.
- Cutting Cylinder Lifetime Warranty: Lifetime Warranty on Solid Steel Cutting Cylinders. Patented "V-Tek" Cutting Groove Technology. Higher Cutting Capacity. Lower Power Requirements.
- Continuous Duty Motor: Allows for Continual Shredding with no Down Time. Longer Run Time Resulting in Reduced Labor Cost. Increasing Productivity.
- Zero Energy Stand-By: Consumes no Power While the Machine is in Stand-by Mode.
- Quiet Operation: Cutting System Engineered to Reduce Decibel Levels When Running. Lower Noise Level Whether Running Idol or Shredding Paper.
- TAA Compliant: Machine is manufactured in a country compliant with the Trade Act Agreement.
- Enclosed Gear Boxes: Totally Enclosed Gear Box Helps Reduce Noise and Prevents Failure from Dust and Debris Getting into the Gears.
- Order number: HSM1831
- EAN Code: 4026631027984
- Shredder material: Paper, CD/DVD, Paper Clip and Credit/Store Cards
- Cutting type: Strip Cut
- Security level (DIN 66399): P-2 (Old level 2)
- Security level (DIN 32757-1): 2
- Cutting width: 1/4 in
- Intake width: 9.4 in
- Container volume: 8.7 gal
- Cutting capacity: 22 - 24 sheets
- Noise level (idle operation): 55-58 dB
- Power consumption of the motor: 440 W
- Voltage: 120 V
- Frequency: 60 Hz
- Depth: 11.3 in
- Width: 14.8 in
- Height: 23.1 in
- Weight: 26.5 lb
- Colour: White
- Driving power: 0.59 kW
HSM Securio B22s Paper Shredder Review
Owning a paper shredder is a necessity for both businesses and individuals alike these days. There are many of these devices on the market so there is a wide selection to choose from. One of the better shredders is the HSM Securio B22s. It’s a pretty basic shredder, but sometimes less is more. We had a chance to test this device and discover its positives and negatives. Here’s a look at what we found….
- One thing that makes the Securio B22s stand out is its shredding capacity. This is a device that can shred up to 16 sheets of paper at a time. It can even destroy paper clips and staples so you can shred an entire multi-page document at once.
- The shredder’s feed opening is 9.45” wide so you can work with letter-sized documents without any problems. You can also use this machine to get rid of legal-sized paper.
- This is a Level 2 strip-cut shredder so it’s good for general shredding needs. Some of the things you can shred with it include e-mails, unwanted computer printouts, receipts, and envelopes.
- The Securio B22s has a waste bin that can hold almost 9 gallons of scraps. It’s a pretty large waste bin so this would be a good machine to use in a shared work environment.
- If you want to control the noise level in your office, this is a great shredder to use. It operates quietly so people will still be able to concentrate when the machine is being used. However, the motor is still thermally protected so it won’t overheat.
- HSM gave this device a pretty generous warranty. Labor is covered for 180 days while parts have a year’s worth of protection.
- Since the Securio B22s is a strip-cut shredder with a Level 2 security level, it shouldn’t be used to destroy classified documents. You should choose a different device if your business handles a lot of confidential information.
- This machine lacks the ability to shred multimedia items such as CD’s and floppy disks.
- The Securio B22s is pretty large so it may be difficult to store it under a desk. It approximately measures 24” (height) x 15” (width) x 12” (depth). (Luckily, it only weighs 24 pounds so moving it won’t be terribly difficult.)
As we said up above, the HSM Securio B22s is a pretty basic device. This is mainly due to its lack of multimedia shredding capabilities but it’s also because it has a Level 2 security rating. Since it offers a fairly low amount of security, it’s not recommended for businesses that deal with a lot of highly sensitive information. However, for general office use, it would be a great choice. It has a first-rate shredding capacity and it runs quietly so it won’t disturb the people in your office. Also, the waste bin is large so it won’t need to be emptied very often. Overall, this is a decent shredder, so check it out if it sounds like the machine for you.
About the Author: Jeff McRitchie is the Director of Marketing for MyBinding.com. He regularly writes articles, reviews, and blog posts on topics related to bookbinding, laminating, paper shredding, and office equipment. More than 2,500 of his articles have been published in thousands of locations on the Internet. If you’re looking for information about paper shredders his articles are a great place to start.