- Removable catchbasket
- Mounted on rollers for flexible use
- Material: shock resistant plastic, wood
- Shreds staples, paper clips, credit cards, CDs/DVDs
- User Lock
- iControl user-friendly function control
- Silentec innovative noise insulation
- 2x2 Cut & Collect segregates materials
- EcoLogic energy efficiency
- Cutting size paper: 5/32 x 1 1/8 inches
- Security level DIN 32757-1: P-4 (Old Level 3)
- Shredding capacity 70 g/m²: 12-14 sheets
- Cutting speed 70 g/m²: 12 ft./min.
- Cutting speed 70 g/m²: 141 sheets/min.
- Shredding capacity 80 g/m²: 10-12 sheets
- Cutting speed 80 g/m²: 12 ft./min.
- Cutting speeed 80 g/m²: 121 sheets/min.
- Working width: 9 1/2 inches
- DIN paper size: A4
- Catchbasket volume: 8.5 gallons
- Supply voltage: 115 Volt
- Noise level: < 55 db(A)
- Weight Net: 41.9 lbs
- Width: 15.4 inches
- Depth: 14.2 inches
- Height: 23.6 inches
Intimus 32CC3 5/32" x 1-1/8" Cross-Cut Shredder Review
If you're worried about your private information falling into the wrong hands, you need a secure cross-cut paper shredder. One such device is the Intimus 32CC3, a smaller machine that has some excellent special features, including the ability to shred some multimedia items. We had a chance to test this machine so we could report back on its strengths and weaknesses. Keep reading to find out what they are so you can decide if this is the machine for you:
- If you need a machine that will give you a good amount of security, the 32CC3 is a terrific choice. This is a cross-cut shredder that can turn a piece of paper into a handful of shred measuring 5/32" x 1-1/8". The machine has a level 3 security rating. (The highest rating is level 6.)
- The 32CC3 can handle paper that still has paper clips and/or staples attached to it, so you can put your staple remover away. The machine has a 9.5-inch feed opening so you can shred letter- and legal-sized items, as well as smaller documents like business cards and ATM receipts.
- This shredder can take care of any unwanted credit/debit cards, CD's, and DVD's. The machine has a 2 x 2 system that helps keep the plastic shreds together so they won't mingle with the paper bits. Just make sure you use the designated feed opening for plastic items and recycling will be a snap.
- The 32CC3 has a user lock that helps prevent unauthorized use. The machine also has an EcoLogic system that helps your conserve power when you're shredding. And there is an iControl panel for easy operation and navigation.
- This is a terrific machine for personal use due to its small size and 8.5-gallon waste bin. (The shredder's approximate dimensions are 15" x 14" x 24".) The waste bin can be removed from the device to make recycling a bit easier. You might want to line the waste bin with shredder bags to make shred disposal even easier.
- Overall, this device is pretty durable so you will be able to get a lot of use out of it.
- Since this shredder is small, it's not going to be able to handle heavy-duty shredding. Luckily, Intimus makes a lot of terrific shredders that are suitable for heavier use.
- The 32CC3 can only shred about 12 to 14 sheets at a time. While this is pretty typical for a cross-cut shredder, it does mean that it might take you a while to shred a large amount of documents.
In a nutshell, the Intimus 32CC3 is a good choice if you need a small, secure cross-cut shredder with some multimedia shredding capabilities. This device is easy to use, it will handle CD's and other items, and it's nice and compact. Although this machine isn't suitable for heavy-duty use, it's perfect for personal and light shared use. Check it out today.