- Easily converts 8 1/2" x 11" sheets to finished 2" x 3 1/2" business cards with a simple two pass operation
- Offers an extra work station for scoring and perforating
- The score and perforation station is ideal for creating tent style business cards occasion cards, or tickets
- Cuts 8 1/2" x 11" sheets into two strips of 3 1/2" x 11" on the first pass and finishes the job by taking the 5up sheets and cutting them down to 2" x 3 1/2" cards
- Cutting blades are semi-self sharpening to allow for years of operation without sharpening or replacement
- Adjustable paper guides allow for easy set up for customized needs
- Up to 375 cards/minute
- Continuous feeding of stacks up to 5/8" thick
- UPC Code: 11991914108
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
The Intimus GutterCut Business Card Slitter quickly and professionally produces business cards, saving time and money for the user. Easy, out of the box setup converts 8.5 x 11 sheets to finished 2 x 3.5 business cards. Simple, two pass operation. Cuts full bleed or regular sized business cards. Continuous feeding of stacks. Handles up to 100 lb linen stock. Self cleaning. Hardened cutting blades are self sharpening for years of excellent operation. CD included with business card templates so you can quickly begin to design and produce your business cards. Cutter fits securely on custom waste been for scrap collection and ease of use.
The Intimus GutterCut Business Card Slitter easily converts 8.5 x 11 sheets to finished 2 x 3.5 business cards.
Martin Yale Intimus BCS410 Ten Up Business Card Slitter Product Review
- The martin Yale Intimus BCS410 desktop business card slitting machine is designed for cutting business cards that are printed ten up on a page and for scoring or perforating your printed documents.
- Using this machine to cut business cards is a two step process. The machine first cuts a letter sized sheet into two strips that are 3.5" x 11". You then feed those strips back through the machine to produce ten perfect 3.5" x 2" business cards.
- However, the Intimus BCS410 is not only designed for slitting business cards. It also includes a scoring and perforating station that is designed to allow you to create high quality tickets, tent style business cards, occasion cards and more.
- The Martin Yale Intimus BCS410 can create up to 375 business cards per minute. This allows users to create a run of 500 cards in less than two minutes and a run of 1000 cards in less than four minutes. This high level of productivity is ideal for organizations that are looking for the ability to produce short run business cards on demand.
- In addition to the business card slitting abilities of the BCS410 you can also use this machine as a desktop perforator or scoring machine. This feature is ideal for printers and copy shops who are looking for a fast and easy way to create event tickets, tent style business cards, coupon books and occasion cards.
- The blades used on the BCS410 are self sharpening. They are designed for years of maintenance free operation. However, if they do become dull or damaged for some reason, replacement blades are available for reasonable prices.
- The BCS-410 is designed to cut business cards that are printed ten up on a letter sized sheet. However, with a little bit of work, it can be used to cut full bleed business cards that are printed six up on a sheet. The machine still cuts your letter sized sheet into ten business cards but overprinting the cards for a full bleed will result in four cards being wasted.
- The small footprint of the BCS410 makes it ideal for organizations where space is at a premium. It is designed to sit on a counter and can even be neatly stored away when it is not in use.
- The business card slitter on the BCS410 is designed for slitting cards that are printed ten up on a page. It can be adjusted slightly to ensure straight cuts and to adjust for slight variances in printing. However, the BCS410 cannot be adjusted to cut custom sized cards or to cut business cards that are printed either 8 up or 12 up on a page.
- The scoring and perforating features of the BCS-410 use specialized wheels to perform their functions. The unit comes with one scoring wheel and one perforating wheel and additional wheels can be purchased and added to the machine. However, it is important to note that using a scoring wheel on digitally printed output may result in cracking. If you need to score items that are digitally printed you should test a sample and see if it is a problem. If it is a problem you may end up needing to buy a completely separate compression scoring device to finish your documents.
- The productivity offered by the BCS-410 is not as high as is offered by the BCS-412 which can cut up to 12 cards at a time. Additionally, it is important to note that using this machine for creating full bleed business cards will require sorting through the finished cards to remove the 40% of cards that are ruined during the cutting process.
- It is also important to remember that the BCS-410 is designed primarily for letter sized papers and paper stocks. It cannot cut business cards printed on larger sheet sizes and has a maximum throat width of eleven inches for perforating or scoring documents.
- The Martin Yale Intimus BCS410 is an incredibly versatile machine that is ideal for small printers, in plant print shops and copy shops.
- This machine offers the ability to produce your own on demand business cards, to cut short run full bleed cards and to both perforate and score documents.
- Together, these capabilities can be used to create a huge variety of items for your customers.
- However, the BCS410 is still a desktop unit and is not designed for large paper sizes or for extremely high volume operations.