- The Model CR-50P Corner Rounder floor model is for large operations.
- Featuring hands-free operation and hold-down clamping that secures the stock with each stroke.
- Comes with choice of a standard cutting unit (1/8", 1/4", 3/8", or 1/2") and can easily be adaptable for using large radii up to 1-1/2".
- Corner Rounder Weight 50 lbs.
- Designed to cut paper and plastic
- Electric foot pedal operation allows for fast and effortless cutting
- Up to 30 strokes per minute
- Accepts Standard, Special and Large size Cutting Units
- Power Requirements: 115 Volt 60 Hz
- Table Dimensions: 17" x 17"
- Shipping Weight: 105lbs
- Shipping Dimensions: 20" x 20" x 42"
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
This is a cut made with the first die. Simply twist the wing nut off the right hand side and swing open the arm. Pull out the old die. Replace it with the new die or different sized die. Close the arm again and tighten it down with the wing nut all the way. There you have it. Two different dies, two different sizes. It's that simple with the CR-50P. For more articles, how to's, demos, and reviews of all things binding a... Read More
Welcome to MyBinding's How To videos. Today's lesson is on how to change cutting dies on the CR-50P. Changing dies multiple times on this machine is really simple. Watch this.
This is a cut made with the first die. Simply twist the wing nut off the right hand side and swing open the arm. Pull out the old die. Replace it with the new die or different sized die. Close the arm again and tighten it down with the wing nut all the way. There you have it. Two different dies, two different sizes. It's that simple with the CR-50P. For more articles, how to's, demos, and reviews of all things binding and production, check out MyBinding.com.
Lassco Wizer CR50P Electric Floor Standing Cornerounder Corner Cutter Review
- The Lassco Wizer CR50P is a heavy duty floor standing corner rounding unit that is ideal for industrial applications and commercial printers.
- It is designed to allow you to quickly and easily add round corners to your documents, printed materials, business cards, and promotional items. It is simple to use, powerful and incredibly versatile.
- This review will take a look at both the strengths and weaknesses of the CR50P corner rounding machine.
- The Lassco Wizer CR-50p electric cornerounder is one of the most versatile corner rounding machines available on the market. It can accept all sizes of corner rounding units. In fact, you can add a radius as small as 1/8" to your items using this machine or as large as 1-1/2". All you need to do is add the correct die. Plus the dies are simple to add and replace. All you need to do is loosen a couple of thumb screws, pop the old die out and insert the new die.
- The CR50P has a mechanism that holds down the stack of documents during the cutting process. Plus, you use a foot pedal to engage the cutting unit which means that you use both hands to hold the materials during the corner rounding process.
- The Lassco Wizer CR-50P has a heavy duty hardwood top that makes it simple to handle large format documents and stacks of materials. This hard wood top makes it simple to line up your documents during the rounding process.
- It is fast, easy to use and extremely versatile. It is not quite as fast as the CR50PX which is a pneumatic unit but is considerably faster than the CR50 which is a manual unit.
- When rounding the corners on a large stack of paper or on heavier stocks I found that the entire document table on the CR50P flexed. This caused the documents to shift slightly and for the stack to not be rounded perfectly. Individually each item looked fine. However, in a stack you could see how the stack shifted during rounding. The only way that I found to fix this was to round the corners of the documents from one side and then to flip them over and round them from the other side. However, if you don't want to do that you can always just round smaller sections at one time.
- The CR50p uses a special system to hold the materials in place when rounding the corners. This works fairly well. However, it does tend to leave marks on the top document. In order to prevent this you need to use a piece of chipboard or an extra sheet of heavy cardstock that can be thrown away after it is rounded.
- The chips produced when rounding corners with the CR50P are supposed to fall down a special chute and into a box or waste receptacle that you place under the unit. However, the chips sometimes back up within the cutting dies and need to be cleaned out. In order to deal with this you simply need to remove the cutting unit from the corner rounder and blow the chips out of it.
- The CR50P is an excellent option for print shops and industrial corner rounding applications. It is a heavy duty commercial corner rounder and is actually the cornerounder that we choose to use in our production facilities.
- Although this is a good quality corner rounder it is not the most accurate corner rounder available on the market. It if is essential that all of your corners line up when stacked up it might be better to look at a larger unit such as the Diamond 5 which allows you to round a larger stack of materials at one time.
- The CR50P is incredibly versatile and allows for cutting a huge number of radius corners. Check it out for yourself today.