- Easily adjustable laminating roller opening allows operators to work with different thickness materials.
- Scrap rewind with an adjustable clutch to take up the release liner found on many pressure-sensitive films.
- Supply roll tension knobs apply tension to the film or tape being applied to eliminate wrinkles.
- Variable-speed motor operation enables operators to apply different materials to different substrates.
- Reverse drive switch enables operators to back material out of the laminating rollers or correct material wrap-around.
- Foot switch to free hands to align and feed work.
- Maximum Laminating Width: 30"
- Laminating Speed: 0-25 ft/min
- Laminating Roller Diameter: 3"
- Supply Roll Core Size: 3"
- Maximum Film Roll Diameter: 12"
- Recommended Film: Up to 10 mil
- Max Laminating Thickness: 1/2"
- Dimensions: 49" x 43" x 33" (W x H x D)
- Weight: 300 lbs.
- Warranty: 2 Year Manufacturer
- Voltage: 110v, 15 amps
- Part Number: 2030102U
Ledco Econocraft 30" Laminator Review
If you work with a lot of large materials, it's essential to have a roll laminator that can accommodate them. One roll laminator that may be right for you is the Ledco Econocraft. There are a few different versions of this machine and this review will focus on the device that can handle materials up to 30" wide. Check out the Econocraft's strengths and weaknesses:
- As mentioned above, the Econocraft is a large laminator that can handle items that are up to 30" wide. This is a great laminator use when you need to process items such as banners, maps, posters, retail displays, and more. This device can work with materials that are up to 1/2" thick, so you will be able to use mounting boards.
- This machine can work with various types of pressure-sensitive adhesives and films. You can use this machine to apply clear polyester film, transfer tape, and vinyl to your materials. Since this machine can apply adhesive, it's especially handy for mounting.
- The Econocraft's supply roller has a 3" core so keep that in mind when shopping for supplies. You can use laminating film that up to 10 mil thick with this device. (A mil is essentially 0.001th of an inch). Using thicker film will give your materials more protection, a must if they will be handled frequently or exposed to the elements.
- Although the Econocraft is very large, it's quite easy to operate. This machine comes with a foot pedal so your hands will be free to handle your materials and align them accordingly. Also, the device has variable speed settings and there are supply roll tension knobs so you can get a smooth finish every time. The machine's rollers can be adjusted so you can easily work with materials of varying thicknesses.
- Overall, the Econocraft is well-made and durable enough to withstand frequent use. It comes with a 2-year warranty for your convenience and peace of mind.
- You should be prepared to make room for the Econocraft because it's very large. The machine's dimensions are 43" (height) x 49" (width) x 33" (depth) so it's not a good fit for small work areas. Luckily, this device comes with a stand so you can move it around easily.
- The Econocraft is a workhorse and it looks like one. This isn't the machine to get if you're looking for a trendy-looking laminator.
From looking at the lists of the Econocraft's strengths and weaknesses, it's very apparent that this is a first-rate machine. This is a great laminator have around if you regularly work with large items and it's surprisingly easy to operate thanks to the foot pedal. Also, this laminator has the ability to work with thicker laminating film and mounting boards so you can make your work look as professional as possible. Of course, you will want to make sure you have enough room for this device as it is quite large. If the Econocraft sounds like the roll laminator that's right for you, be sure to check it out today.