- Automatically opens envelopes when inserted for easy one-hand operation
- Accepts standard-sizes business envelopes
- Blades are fully enclosed to protect fingers
- Non-skid rubber suction feet keep machine in place
- A manual fed opener
- Low noise operation
- Dimensions: 9.5" x 7.25" x 3.75"
- Weight: 3 lbs. 8 oz.
- UPC Code: 11991016161
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
Welcome to MyBinding video. This is the MY1616, an electric letter opener by Martin Yale. Fast, sharp, and automatic, this letter opener is sure to please. First, tamp all contents down to the adhesive end and put the other end into the feeder. It will drag it right through and slice off a very thin edge. The 1616 is designed for light use and therefore one letter at a time, however, we put it to the test with three or four and it seemed to work just fine. It works automatically, so it shuts off automatically and you can leave it at your desk ready for whenever you need it. There it is, thatâ€™s the MY1616 by Martin Yale. For more demos, reviews, and how-tos, check out MyBinding.com.
Martin Yale 1616 Electric Desktop Letter Opener Review
- The Martin Yale 1616 electric desktop letter opener is designed to help small to mid-sized businesses with lighter mail volumes.
- It is designed to quickly and easily sit on your desk or the desk of the individual within your organization who deals with the mail as it arrives.
- Using the Martin Yale 1616 electric letter opener you can greatly reduce the amount of time that is spent opening envelopes on a daily basis. This can free up you or your staff to focus on other more important tasks within your organization.
- The Martin Yale 1616 letter opener is designed to conveniently sit on your desk for easy access and use when mail arrives. It has four non skid rubber feet to keep it from moving and offers a compact and stylish design that should blend in with the other pieces of equipment in your office. It is small enough that it won't get in the way when placed on your desk. In fact, it only measures 9.5" x 7.5" x 3.75" in size.
- The 1616 Electric desktop letter opener is designed to quickly and easily open envelopes as they are inserted into the machine. Although you have to feed the envelopes into the machine manually, after you insert the envelope into the machine, the 1616 does the rest. It activates the cutting blades, grabs the envelopes and cuts the envelope open.
- The Martin Yale 1616 is quiet, safe and easy to operate. This makes it ideal for the typical office environment.
- The Martin Yale 1616 is a light volume office letter opener that is manually fed. This means that each letter needs to be fed into the machine one at a time. This makes it ideal for organizations that need to deal with up to one hundred letters per day. Organizations that deal with more mail than this may want to consider a larger more automated letter opening system.
- The Martin Yale 1616 uses extremely sharp blades to cut off the top section of each envelope. If the items inside the envelopes are too close to the top they may be sliced during the opening process. For this reason, it is important to remember to jog your envelopes by tapping them on the table or a hard surface to make sure the items inside settle to the bottom. Organizations that own a paper jogging machine may want to consider jogging their envelopes before opening them in order to prevent damaging the contents during the opening process.
- The Martin Yale 1616 letter opener is ideal for opening most standard sized business envelopes. However, overstuffed envelopes and extremely large letters may cause difficulties during opening. Thick envelopes and envelopes that have been damaged during mailing should be opened by hand and should not be run through the machine.
- The Martin Yale 1616 electric desktop letter opener is ideal for use in a small or medium sized organization where a single individual opens and distributes the mail.
- Although this machine is not ideal for a large mail room, it will comfortably sit on an individual's desk and is great for opening up to one hundred letters per day.
- However, users who need to open more than one hundred envelopes per day or who are looking for a high productivity machine will be best served to look at one of Martin Yale's auto feeding letter openers.