- Three roller friction feed system
- Pre-programmed with 6 standard folds
- Stores 27 custom folds in memory
- One-touch memory keys for custom folds
- Irregular paper sizes can be stored in memory
- Control panel includes LED 4 digit counter with batch and total functions
- Test button folds 2 sheets for inspection
- Automatically senses and displays paper size
- Automatic feed table ensures optimum feed pressure
- Self-setting exit rollers ensure smooth ejection of folded paper
- Single sheet feeding automatically maintained for different weights of paper
- Auxiliary paper guide for cross folding
- Load and unload paper from same side
- Display alert and audible signal in case of incorrect operation
- Skew and micro-adjustment dials
- Fully enclosed fold tables for quiet operation
- Quick-release roller system for easy maintenance
- Retractable exit tray for compact storage
- Heavy-duty steel construction
- Optional perforator and scorer
- UL and C UL approved
- Speed: 11,520 sheets/hour
- Paper Size: 3 1/2" x 5" to 11" x 17"
- Paper weight :14 to 70 lbs.
- Sheet Capacity: 450 Sheets
- Power Supply: 115 V, 60 Hz
- Dimensions (D x W x H): 20 7/8" x 37 1/2" x 20 1/2"
- Shipping Weight: 86 lbs
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty, excluding wearables
MBM 407A Paper Folder Review Review
The MBM 407A is an automatic paper folder designed to meet the high volume needs of any office. It can be programmed for your specific needs, making it convenient as well as functional. Custom sizes and paper stocks are handled effortlessly with the same speed and high capacity used for standard material. The efficiency will increase your productivity, saving you time and money. Here is a detailed look at the 407A.
Precise feeding of individual sheets is accomplished by the three roller friction feed system. Fine tuning knobs for skew and micro adjustment further ensure proper alignment and crisp folds. Paper size is electronically detected and displayed on the control panel. Non-standard paper sizes can be saved to memory for future use. Differing weights are also automatically accounted for and can range from 14lb to 70lb bond.
Even with electronic monitoring, an occasional misfeed or error may occur. In this case, both an optical and an audible signal will alert the user to the issue. The quick-release roller system offers easy clearing and maintenance of the fold plates.
The machine comes programmed with six standard folds, including single, gate, letter, "Z", double parallel and foldout folds. Up to 27 additional custom folds can be saved and are accessed by one-touch memory keys for swift retrieval. An option for testing produces two folded sheets, allowing final inspection before a large batch is folded. The fold tables themselves are completely enclosed, offering safer and quieter use.
An LED display has a four-digit counter with two functions. First, it totals up the number of folded items produced since the last reset. Second, batches can be created by setting the quantity of pages you need folded. This saves you from needing to count out the total number of individual sheets you need processed.
Paper enters and exits from the same side for quick access to both. Up to 450 sheets can sit in the hopper at once and are folded as fast as 11,520 sheets per hour. Items ranging from 3.5" x 5" up to 11" x 17" are easily processed. Documents smoothly emerge, aided by self-setting rollers. The retractable tray neatly holds the folded papers, then slides in for compact storage.
Heavy duty steel construction is backed by a one year warranty, excluding wearables.
With a machine this high tech, it's hard to imagine a downside. But it would be nice if there was an option for folding multiple sheets together. Many offices only need to fold single sheets and this won't be a problem for them. If you see yourself wishing for this option, you should consider a different machine.
One other thing lacking is the ability to fold glossy paper. Again, many offices don't need this option and won't notice the difference. If you're looking for a device to fold specialty paper, consider the 352S, which can accommodate coated and glossy paper.
As you can see, this machine is more than capable of handling the high volume folding needs of any office. The plethora of automatic features and wide range of accepted paper weights, sizes, and folds offer a highly convenient and efficient device. We would highly recommend the MBM 407A for your next paper folder.