- Quiet and powerful single phase motor
- Fully enclosed, dust proof gearbox housing
- High quality wooden cabinet mounted on casters
- Environmentally friendly reusable plastic bag
- 9 1/4 Gallon Bin Capacity
- Strip Size : 3/16"
- Sheet Capacity: 12-14 sheets
- Shred Speed: 27 ft / min.
- Security Level: P-2 (Old Level 2)
- Feed Opening: 9 1/2"
- Max. Horsepower: 1/2
- Dimensions: 11 3/4" D x 15 1/2" W x 25" H
- Weight: 48lbs
- Warranty: Lifetime Manufacturer on Shafts and Wheels, 1 Year on all other parts
MBM Corporation presents the DestroyIt 2360 Deskside Model Business Shredder with automatic function and a 9 ½ inch feed opening. Our innovative easy switch control element ensures simple and intuitive operation. The quiet, powerful half-horsepower single-phase motor provides a shred capacity of up to 14 sheets in the strip-cut version and up to 8 sheets in the cross-cut. Our precision cutting shafts are constructed entirely of high-grade hardened steel and are backed by a lifetime warranty. Safety features include an electronically controlled transparent safety shield in the feed opening. It is part of the SPS safety package which sets the standard when it comes to operational safety. The reusable plastic bag has a 9 ¼ gallon shred volume. The 2360 also comes with an environment friendly energy saving mode. DestroyIt - Quality Made in Germany.
MBM Destroyit 2360 Deskside Paper Shredder Review
Destroyit is one of the more respected names in the world of paper shredders. This review will take a look at one of their desk-side paper shredders. Here are some of the strengths and weaknesses of the Destroy-It 2360 Deskside Paper Shredder.
- Safety is something that you should always consider when you are buying a shredder, and we are rather impressed with Destroyit’s approach. With what they call their “SPS,” or Safety Protection System, they include a transparent safety shield that is electronically controlled and sits in the feed opening to keep hands and fingers safely away from the shredding mechanism. Also, it is always easy to tell what the operational status of the shredder is, with the nicely back-lit symbols and color codes. In the case of a paper jam, the 2360 goes into reverse automatically, and the power cuts off. There are also power cuts when the shred bag is full, or if the cabinet door is opened. Overall, we found this to be a very nice set of safety features.
- We like how easy it was to start the shredding process with the 2360. There is a photocell at the opening that detects the sheets you are trying to shred, and automatically starts the machine. This is a pretty handy function, eliminating the need to turn the machine on and off when you want to use it.
- The cross cut 2360 we tested easily shredded paper clips, staples, and credit cards.
- The 2360 comes with three different cutting styles: strip cut, cross cut, and micro shred (or “super micro cut”). The Super micro cut version is an excellent choice for your most highly confidential documents, as it meets the specifications of the National Security Administration, and is approved for use by the Department of Defense. It doesn’t get any more secure than that.
- We found the 2360 to be remarkably quiet in operation, which we could see as a big plus when working in a crowded office.
- The 2360, like all of the Destroyit shredders, is a sleek and attractive, modern looking machine. The cabinet is of wood construction, painted white and nicely appointed. The casters that are attached make it easy to transport around the office as well.
- It seems that an increasing number of the shredders available these days are able to accept CD’s, but the 2360 (in any of the cutting styles available) does not. For that, you might want to check out Destroyit’s next model up, the 2403.
- Though it comes with what Destroyit terms as “double overheating protection,” you will undoubtedly have to pay some attention to how many minutes at a time you use the 2360 before giving it a cool-down period. Though we want to make it clear that we had no troubles at all in our testing, newly every shredder on the market has its limits, and you will have to learn the 2360’s.
Recommendation:Overall, we found the Destroyit 2360 to be a very impressive and attractive deskside shredder, and one you should definitely consider if you are in the market.