MHL White Backing 5mil Low-Temp Backing Film
|MHL White Backing 5mil 38" x 250' Low-Temp Backing Film||MW38205|
Your Price: $176.89
You Save: 39%
|MHL White Backing 5mil 51" x 250' Low-Temp Backing Film||MW51205|
Your Price: $381.89
You Save: 3%
MHL White Backing is a white polyester thermal backing film coated with a low-temp, heat activated copolymer adhesive. These semi-translucent films reduce "show through", add rigidity and improve handling. The properties of MHL White Backing make it an ideal multi-purpose backing material. Suitable for POS displays, tradeshow graphics, signage and other displays. Leave a border of MHL White Backing exposed to give the print a framed or matted look.
- Film Width: 38" - 51"
- Film Length: 250'
- Film Thickness: 5mil
- Core Size: 3"
- Finish: Semi-Translucent White
- Base Material: 1.0mil (25 micron) polyester
- Adhesive: 4.0mil (100 micron) co-extruded polyethylene copolymer
- Initial Tack: None
- Application Speed: 1' - 8' per minute
- Application Temperature: 200 F - 230 F
- % of Light Transmission: 19.9%
- Release Liner: None
- Thickness: Determine the maximum total graphic thickness the display hardware or graphic holder can accept.
- Rigidity: This attribute is determined not only by the thickness but also the type of base material. For example, a 10.0 mil polycarbonate will be more rigid than a 10.0 mil PVC (vinyl). This is especially important when graphics will be rolled for transport
- Weight: This factor is related to the first two criteria, but is not the same. Some materials may be the correct thickness and stiffness, yet are not suitable because they are too heavy. Excess weight especially affects performance and stability of graphics on banner stands or pop-up booths.
- Color: A backing material is usually visible only from the back of the graphic. However, black or white borders can be created by encapsulating an image with a specialized backing material and trimming it accordingly.
- Adhesive: It is important to consider the type of adhesive component when choosing a backing material. For example: HeatSet (heat-activated) adhesives cure very quickly, enabling you to roll images immediately, while pressure sensitive adhesive have a longer curing time during which graphics should be stored flat. Also, some aqueous based adhesives may not be suitable for outdoor use.
- Opacity: For graphics installed against a metal frame (pop up booth) choose higher opacity backing materials to eliminate show through.
There are No Reviews on this Product Yet
Questions & Answers